"Im surprised he took that fight." - Sean Omalley

You didn't have to use any words if you are just gonna make childish retorts like that. Have a nice day, bud.

@TempleoftheDog bruh, this was rude of me. My apologies. I don't think you meant it in a bad way, so I should have reacted a little differently.

It's just Dustin

Dustin Timberlake

Most fighters in the UFC today are trying to hand-pick their opponents to maximize risk vs reward and choose opponents with favorable stylistic matchups. Ian Garry just said he wouldn't fight MVP, and idiots on these forums are actually defending Garry. We need to stop enabling these fighters as fans.

Will be interesting to see if O'Malley agrees to fight Merab. I could see O'Malley sitting out for a year to try and avoid him.

During his podcast he talked about how he was impressed by Dustin Poirier's performance vs Saint-Denis who the ladder he coined as extremely dangerous

But in the same breath he said he was shocked Dustin took the fight.

Was it innocuous or did he just admit he himself will
duck when necessary?

He did stumble a little but realized he was past the point of no return lol
The word is latter!

Except he is now fighting the guy. Dude made a business decision by taking the most lucrative fight in the division first and then the tougher fights. It's a career for them to make money, not a noble quest to please all the fans while sacrificing their health and earning potential.
Meh. His business decisions don't impact my wallet. I want him to fight the top guys instead of clogging the division. That's all the Chito fight did. We saw that Chito is still not putting it together when he needs to and lost another lopsided decision where he couldn't pull the trigger.

Seriously, your just supposed to say yes blindly to any fight that is offered to you , if you ever take into account the offered opponent ranking in relation to how difficult the matchup is stylistically then a bunch of people who don’t fight and know fuck all will accuse you of “ducking” almost like your a coward or something like that .
You are also never allowed to question the financial compensation you are being given or these same dickweeds will accuse you of not being a “real” fighter

Man, Sean has never minced words or pretend to be tougher than he is. That's why I like him. He's saying that it woulldnt be worth taking a fight against a lower ranked guy who is that dangerous and you can't really argue w that logic.

It's not cowardice, it's handling your career the right way. If you just do whatever UFC says... I mean they don't always have your best interests at heart.
yes and honestly, I think O'malley is approaching the best managed career in UFC history, and I honestly mean that. He never fought high ranked guys for peanuts, he took it slow and didn't bite off more than he could chew. Didn't set himself back with mutliple tough losses consecutively.

If Kevin Lee managed his career in a similar way, he could have had a similar trajectory. He did the polar opposite, take hard fights on small contracts and lose until all momentum is gone

Seriously, your just supposed to say yes blindly to any fight that is offered to you , if you ever take into account the offered opponent ranking in relation to how difficult the matchup is stylistically then a bunch of people who don’t fight and know fuck all will accuse you of “ducking” almost like your a coward or something like that .
You are also never allowed to question the financial compensation you are being given or these same dickweeds will accuse you of not being a “real” fighter
As champ?? Da fuk bra

Meh. His business decisions don't impact my wallet.

And your opinion or wants and needs don't impact him, nor me. But i'm glad you care a lot about what you want.

I want him to fight the top guys instead of clogging the division. That's all the Chito fight did.

It resolved a rivalry between the two. Some people like that shit.

We saw that Chito is still not putting it together when he needs to and lost another lopsided decision where he couldn't pull the trigger.

Okay.

Last edited:
Still don’t understand how he ducked when he is about to fight the guy..

He 100% ducked. He should be fighting his second legit contender by now. Instead, he clocked his first defense against a guy who had no business being in a title fight. ..and while he was fighting that meaningless, utterly non-competitive gimme, the actual contender might have been knocked off by losing or injury. That’s how records are manipulated.

And your opinion or wants and needs don't impact him, nor me. But i'm glad you care a lot about what you want.

It resolved a rivalry between the two. Some people like that shit.

Okay.
Thanks.

The TMZ shit doesn't do much for me.

Yep.

He 100% ducked. He should be fighting his second legit contender by now. Instead, he clocked his first defense against a guy who had no business being in a title fight. ..and while he was fighting that meaningless, utterly non-competitive gimme, the actual contender might have been knocked off by losing or injury. That’s how records are manipulated.

Avenging losses is cool. That's part of what fighting is about. Now it's dealt with. We can move on.

Unless we're gonna keep on using buzzwords such as "duck" or "cuck".

He's just saying it's dangerous to fight down the rankings that much when you're the established guy fighting the dangerous up and comer.

As he himself knows considering he was only #11 when he fought #1 Yan and beat him. Now Sean's champ and Yan's not.

Thanks.

The TMZ shit doesn't do much for me.

Yep.

I wouldn't call combat sports rivalries TMZ shit. It goes deep into the psychology of the fighters and can really affect a fight (compared to a fresh match up without much backstory) and how the fighters and their teams approach the rematch. Strategies are vastly different most of the time, at least at the top level. Fascinating stuff to me. But hey, to each their own.

Last edited:
he means latter not ladder
neebs-gaming-doraleous-and-associates.gif

I wouldn't call combat sports rivalries TMZ shit. It goes deep into the psychology of the fighters and can really affect a fight (compared to a fresh match up without much backstory) and how the fighters and their teams approach the rematch. Strategies are vastly different most of the time, at least at the top level. Fascinating stuff to me. But hey, to each their own.
That's fair. I just assume that all rivalries are fabricated for marketing.

Back