I'm travelling to Santa Monica

facePuncher7

Founder of the militant wing of the Salvation Army
@Brown
Reaction score
Slice of my family will be in Santa Monica over the Xmas period, so I'm thinking of flying out and spending a few weeks there.

Does anyone know of any good Muay Thai or MMA gyms there?

I've been living and training in Chiang Mai for the last 2 months and have a good crew here to train with, I'm more interested in the chance of catching famous fighters/trainer's, if there are any in that area.

No. Maybe try the training subforum?

Santa monica has Gracie Barra, Kron's gym in Culver city (right down the road)
Gokor Chivichian/Judo Gene Lebell's place in North Hollywood.

Werdum has a gym in Venice, Santa Monica is awesome one of my favorite cities in LA, tons of active people, tons of hot chicks, night life, restaurants, yes there's quiet a lot of homeless people too, but you can always look the other way.

If you want serious training though, you gotta seek out the best, thats about a 30min drive from Santa monica out to Glendale.
gfc.jpg

Santa monica has Gracie Barra, Kron's gym in Culver city (right down the road)
Gokor Chivichian/Judo Gene Lebell's place in North Hollywood.

I'm no grappler, I need somewhere I can strike, hence Muay Thai or MMA. Thx for ur suggestions though.

I'm no grappler, I need somewhere I can strike, hence Muay Thai or MMA. Thx for ur suggestions though.
Then theres only one choice then
gfc.jpg
Within a day or 2, he'll have you dropping heavyweights during practice.
ZrU1nUh.gif
He'll even help you with your head movement

Leave your rental car parked and find a bike share station to rent a bike to get around.
Traffic in Santa Monica is absolutely horrific at all hours of the day.
Finding a parking spot for your vehicle is also a giant challenge of its own.

Dynamix MMA is good gym. Atoni Hardonk teaches kickboxing there, and actually shows up each week to train you. Nice big gym space. Not sure how often Werdum is actually at his gym, never trained there.

I live here, and traffic is not horrendous all hours of the day. It’s def not absolutely horrific all the time lol. Unless it’s rush hour on a week day you can get anywhere in SM in about 10-15 mins. A bike is nice though just to enjoy the perfect weather.

Just walk down to Venice at night and practice on all the tweakers. I'm sure most of them will fight you over a few bucks.

Leave your rental car parked and find a bike share station to rent a bike to get around.
Then @facePuncher7 has to start watching The Californians.

If you want serious training though, you gotta seek out the best, thats about a 30min drive from Santa monica out to Glendale.
View attachment 469971

I am pretty sure it is more than 30 min drive especially with traffic. LA is pretty big. Glendale is on other side of LA in the interior near SGV. I have taken local streets from Alhambra, through Chinatown, through Silver Lakes, and it took more than 30 mins.

Then @facePuncher7 has to start watching The Californians.

Coming from Melbourne, I'm used to horrendous stand-still city traffic and fighting 38 other people for a parking space 3km from your destination.

Dynamix MMA is good gym. Atoni Hardonk teaches kickboxing there, and actually shows up each week to train you. Nice big gym space. Not sure how often Werdum is actually at his gym, never trained there.

I live here, and traffic is not horrendous all hours of the day. It’s def not absolutely horrific all the time lol. Unless it’s rush hour on a week day you can get anywhere in SM in about 10-15 mins. A bike is nice though just to enjoy the perfect weather.

I think Antoni Hardonk still teaches at Dynamix.

Cheers, that sounds promising

I am pretty sure it is more than 30 min drive especially with traffic. LA is pretty big. Glendale is on other side of LA in the interior near SGV. I have taken local streets from Alhambra, through Chinatown, through Silver Lakes, and it took more than 30 mins.
Screenshot_20181112-142045.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181112-141924.png
    Screenshot_20181112-141924.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
m96jjd.jpg

<Oku02> Just lol @ still using mapquest !!

Are you legit over 65 years old !!

<FutbolThink> .

Back