"I'm very articulate with blocking." - Uriah Hall

mkw

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Timestamped below. "In the past I've actually broken a teammate's leg by checking. I'm very articulate with blocking."

There have been a lot of comments about 'karma' in reference to Weidman's injury. Did Weidman celebrate too much after Silva's injury? Perhaps. But it's the heat of the moment and you can't expect a fighter filled with adrenaline, and in Weidman's case relief, to process things fully in the moment and always react appropriately.

Hall was much more composed than young Weidman was back then, yes, but even he felt compelled to take some modicum of credit for the injury. It is only natural for a fighter to want to take some credit for a win and all of the time and energy they put into it. It's understandably difficult for a fighter who only has so many opportunities to move their careers forward to declare a fight a wash or a waste of time due to a freak occurrence. Would it now be 'karma' for Hall to break his leg in the future? Of course not. Neither Weidman nor Hall did anything morally wrong to 'cause' these horrific injuries.

Hall is lucky he got an early stoppage with only 4:45 left in the round imo he should stop talking and start training for the rematch

Timestamped below. "In the past I've actually broken a teammate's leg by checking. I'm very articulate with blocking."

There have been a lot of comments about 'karma' in reference to Weidman's injury. Did Weidman celebrate too much after Silva's injury? Perhaps. But it's the heat of the moment and you can't expect a fighter filled with adrenaline, and in Weidman's case relief, to process things fully in the moment and always react appropriately.

Hall was much more composed than young Weidman was back then, yes, but even he felt compelled to take some modicum of credit for the injury. It is only natural for a fighter to want to take some credit for a win and all of the time and energy they put into it. It's understandably difficult for a fighter who only has so many opportunities to move their careers forward to declare a fight a wash or a waste of time due to a freak occurrence. Would it now be 'karma' for Hall to break his leg in the future? Of course not. Neither Weidman nor Hall did anything morally wrong to 'cause' these horrific injuries.

Wiedman was bragging about it "way after the fight" - EVEN GIVING IT A NAME

Can we just end the debate of this not being deliberate?

It wasn't until last night did people finally admit on here Chris did it on purpose to Silva. For years, all you read on here was it was a freak accident.

Yeah he did break Chris' leg with that move. Uriah Hall, when he wants to, can inflict a lot of damage. This is no different, and I'm not going to get into all this philosophical bs, but sort of an odd guy like Hall who has some demons certainly knew what doing that could do.

Titanium Hall coming for the belt. He's so hard now you injure yourself attacking him. Izzy will shatter his own knuckles on Hall's chin.

Can we just end the debate of this not being deliberate?

It wasn't until last night did people finally admit on here Chris did it on purpose to Silva. For years, all you read on here was it was a freak accident.

Yeah he did break Chris' leg with that move. Uriah Hall, when he wants to, can inflict a lot of damage. This is no different, and I'm not going to get into all this philosophical bs, but sort of an odd guy like Hall who has some demons certainly knew what doing that could do.
IMO you're looking at it all wrong (or from a negative light). Any fighter knows that you throw with ill-intent, but you almost ALWAYS don't want to actually land with literal maximum damage. I.e., you throw a punch hard enough to take the guys' head off (several times a fight). . .but if you literally land and take the guys head off, that wasn't actually your intent. Not a very difficult concept.
And big ol' LOL to think that of the entire friggin roster Hall of all people would want to intentionally hurt someone to this extent. Sad that anyone could even think that.

Uriah needs to chill out or he gets struck with the curse.

Wideman is a tool and karma works in mysterious ways

Attachments

• ufc-168-weidman-600.jpg
    ufc-168-weidman-600.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 5
IMO you're looking at it all wrong (or from a negative light). Any fighter knows that you throw with ill-intent, but you almost ALWAYS don't want to actually land with literal maximum damage. I.e., you throw a punch hard enough to take the guys' head off (several times a fight). . .but if you literally land and take the guys head off, that wasn't actually your intent. Not a very difficult concept.
And big ol' LOL to think that of the entire friggin roster Hall of all people would want to intentionally hurt someone to this extent. Sad that anyone could even think that.

Very true. I actually worry how this will effect Hall going forward as well. The damage he caused on TUF visibly messed with his head. Hopefully he doesn't internalize this.

Back