Immigrant Arrives at Texas Port of Entry Posing with Underage ‘Daughter’ he had been Raping

You claimed that "bringing a kid to the border was a ticket in" and that "the left" was trying to promote it.

It is. If you have a kid they could not separate and detain them until their court date. So they would be released inside the US until that court date. Then they simply do not show up to that date

Did u really not know this?

They do. They use children as the face of illegal immigration, hoping people like you will turn a blind eye to it.

I just asked you if you understood that non-citizens don't need to have children in tow to apply for sanctuary at our border.

You said you did know that.

But now you're reiterating the same statement. One that only makes sense if having children actually gets immigrants special treatment.

You're sad.

I just asked you if you understood that non-citizens don't need to have children in tow to apply for sanctuary at our border.

You said you did know that.

But now you're reiterating the same statement. One that only makes sense if having children actually gets immigrants special treatment.

You're sad.

You really don’t understand why illegal immigrants bring children with them. Have you not researched this topic at all?

It is. If you have a kid they could not separate and detain them until their court date. So they would be released inside the US until that court date. Then they simply do not show up to that date

Did u really not know this?

There is definitely one of us who does not understand the asylum request process. But it's not me.

There is definitely one of us who does not understand the asylum request process. But it's not me.

You are aware what DACA is? Why it was created? Why illegal immigrants bring children?

Why do you believe this character brought this child?

Let’s go this route. Do you believe it is a good thing that illegals bring children knowing they will be released into the US ahead of their hearing

You really don’t understand why illegal immigrants bring children with them. Have you not researched this topic at all?

Are you aware that under the Obama administration the CBP operated family detention centers?

Or are you just suggesting people get a nicer cell if they have kids along?

Are you aware that under the Obama administration the CBP operated family detention centers?

Or are you just suggesting people get a nicer cell if they have kids along?

Uggghhhh. The difference is you can not separate the kids until the court dates. Why is this hard to understand for you?

A single dude can be held UNTIL his court date then deported. A dude with his kids will be released inside the US with the kids and told to attend his/her hearing

She needs to be in a detention center with him and other adults like him.. Women on Facebook told me.

Uggghhhh. The difference is you can not separate the kids until the court dates. Why is this hard to understand for you?

A single dude can be held UNTIL his court date then deported. A dude with his kids will be released inside the US with the kids and told to attend his/her hearing

Under Obama entire families were detained until their court dates. Unless close, legal relatives could be located. In which case only the minor children were then released and sent to live with those family members until the hearing.

Do you know when/why families were released vs when they were kept in family detention centers (none of which were at capacity as of June of this year?) Srs question, I don't know.

vote-for-pedro-napoleon-dynamite-t-shirt.main.jpeg

Under Obama entire families were detained until their court dates. Unless close, legal relatives could be located. In which case only the minor children were then released and sent to live with those family members until the hearing.

Not true. MANY families were released under Obama. It was not a choice it was a court order. Had nothing to do with Obama.

Seriously read up. Are you really to dense to understand the problems of housing minors with adults?

Once again, had nothing to do with Obama. This was a judicial thing

Do you not also understand that it is hard to determine if these are really families

Do you know when/why families were released vs when they were kept in family detention centers (none of which were at capacity as of June of this year?) Srs question, I don't know.

Basically separation has now been replaced with family detention. And with no real incentive to process the cases families will likely be held longer than they would have if separated.

The alternative to family detention is catch and release. That is what got us in this pinch to begin with

You can not be against illegal immigration and for catch and release as the VAST majority of those released will not show up to their hearing

I also believe we will eventually hear horror stories coming out of these detention centers. As heartbreaking as separations are I really believe it was the safer alternative

And Bush Jr was the king of catch and release. Obama had nothing on him

All children should be removed from whatever adult they are with until it can be proven that they are related at the very least.
Wouldn't it make more sense to keep the parents with their children, but coordinate with the Mexican government to vet the immigrants by matching them to their known identities, and whether or not they actually have a child? Interview the children. In extreme cases, but I don't particular care to assume this cost, we could analyze blood samples.

Frankly, I think we need to begin fining the Mexican government in some fashion. They'll start caring about this problem once it hits them in the pocketbook. We give them $320m in aid a year only to have posters like @Rod1 come and spit in our 'stupid' American faces over and over. There's plenty of leverage, there, without even dipping into tariffs which takes the fight to a place it doesn't really belong.

After all, most sexual abuse of children is perpetrated by men within their families. You're going to separate the children from their custodial predators only to put them back together once you confirm their genetic relationship. You're reacting hysterically by forgetting the shape this beast takes, or perhaps you are simply ignorant to this shape altogether.

If he doesn’t have legal documentation, and is requesting entry into the US, he can be referred to as an “illegal alien”. I’m sure immigration law may have a different term for him.
I don't think this is right. Illegal alien is a legal term.

Family detention wasn't an option for Trump because of Judge Dolly Gee's ridiculous ruling from late 2015:

A federal judge in California has ruled that the Obama administration’s detention of children and their mothers who were caught crossing the border illegally is a serious violation of a longstanding court settlement, and that the families should be released as quickly as possible.

In a decision late Friday roundly rejecting the administration’s arguments for holding the families, Judge Dolly M. Gee of Federal District Court for the Central District of California found that two detention centers in Texas that the administration opened last summer fail to meet minimum legal requirements of the 1997 settlement for facilities housing children.

Judge Gee also found that migrant children had been held in “widespread deplorable conditions” in Border Patrol stations after they were first caught, and she said the authorities had “wholly failed” to provide the “safe and sanitary” conditions required for children even in temporary cells.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/26/us/detained-immigrant-children-judge-dolly-gee-ruling.html

Back