In a span of 13 months, Horiguchi has fought SIX TIMES under Rizin.

SakuWandyCop

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
In the UFC, He fought 8 times with a 7-1 record. It took him 3 years.
(Oct 2013 to Nov. 2016)

It's amazing for a promotion that holds only 5 events per year to give him such activity.

Yes, it is because he's one of their main stars but my point still stand.

LOL
I checked exactly this ten minutes ago <Eek2.0>

Kinda crazy
And the guy is still young

I think the more time he spends away from the UFC, the less likely he'll be interested in returning. Things are looking pretty good for him right now, and it should only get better from here.

IMO RIZIN should let him go to the UFC to fight for the title

If he wins the Japanese market will get a UFC champ and that would bring a lot of interest back into MMA from which RIZIN can only benefit

Let's be honest here, he is fighting against mid tier level fighters in RIZIN and of course he looks good..these are not serious fighters he's taking out..an elite fighter beating up on 6 mid level guys in 13 months is not really an achievement IMO

In the UFC, He fought 8 times with a 7-1 record. It took him 3 years.
(Oct 2013 to Nov. 2016)

It's amazing for a promotion that holds only 5 events per year to give him such activity.

Yes, it is because he's one of their main stars but my point still stand.

Fighting journeymen and Uncle Creepy, who's been past his prime for many years, instead of Mighty Mouse, probably has something to do with it.

If he wins the Japanese market will get a UFC champ and that would bring a lot of interest back into MMA from which RIZIN can only benefit

Let's be honest here, he is fighting against mid tier level fighters in RIZIN and of course he looks good..these are not serious fighters he's taking out..an elite fighter beating up on 6 mid level guys in 13 months is not really an achievement IMO

He's a good fighter, but I don't see him having anything for MM...just like the first fight.

Fighting journeymen and Uncle Creepy, who's been past his prime for many years, instead of Mighty Mouse, probably has something to do with it.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. Just because you don’t know who somebody is doesn’t mean they’re “journeymen” or cans. He’s laid a beating on some young, game fighters with strong records and good wins.

It’s always be wrong, never admit you’re wrong, and repeat with shills.

He's fighting slightly easier competition but it's whatever he actually is facing decent comp and dispatching them with relative ease. I want him back to fight DJ again but actually I'd rather UFC get rid of flyweight and then DJ can fight him in Rizin.

Maybe ufc shouldn't have released him

He's a good fighter, but I don't see him having anything for MM...just like the first fight.

Horiguchi was too young when that fight happened maybe this new mature Horiguchi will have a real chance ? However Horiguchi has been fighting mid level guys while MM has been sharpening his skills against the top guys so maybe even mental maturity won't help Horiguchi

Maybe ufc shouldn't have released him

They couldn't match the money that RIZIN was giving, not the UFC's fault hes the only decent Japanese fighter at the weight

It’s always be wrong, never admit you’re wrong, and repeat with shills.

Yes, you've apparently mastered that. His best opponent lost to Jonathan Brookins...the only other "name" fighter he's faced in recent years.

Saying "these unknown guys are good fighter because...well...they beat each other" is just a form of circular logic.

Yes, you've apparently mastered that. His best opponent lost to Jonathan Brookins...the only other "name" fighter he's faced in recent years.

Saying "these unknown guys are good fighter because...well...they beat each other" is just a form of circular logic.

Maybe if you watched you would know. I don’t understand why you guys don’t bother watching or paying attention but still feel the need to butt into the discussion despite having no clue what you’re talking about. So you can see for yourself instead of thinking you can work it all out MMAthmatically through fight finder.

It’s all the same. Shills like you come in and boast about what you don’t know as if it means something that you don’t know, as if your ignorance about something says more about the topic than it does about you...and if that’s not bad enough you proceed to speak with authority about the topic. Those “unknown” fighters are unknown to you and you seem to think that means something when you demonstrated nothing is worth your attention unless it’s in UFC. You only show up to discredit based on things you don’t know about. So what does it mean to be unknown to you?

All of your shillin’..what’s in it for you? I’m sure you’re not a paid shill which makes it all the more shameful.

To be fair, 3 of those fights were within a 2 day tournament. It's a bit of an exception.

Maybe if you watched you would know. I don’t understand why you guys don’t bother watching or paying attention but still feel the need to butt into the discussion despite having no clue what you’re talking about. So you can see for yourself instead of thinking you can work it all out MMAthmatically through fight finder.

It’s all the same. Shills like you come in and boast about what you don’t know as if it means something that you don’t know, as if your ignorance about something says more about the topic than it does about you...and if that’s not bad enough you proceed to speak with authority about the topic. Those “unknown” fighters are unknown to you and you seem to think that means something when you demonstrated nothing is worth your attention unless it’s in UFC. You only show up to discredit based on things you don’t know about. So what does it mean to be unknown to you?

All of your shillin’..what’s in it for you? I’m sure you’re not a paid shill which makes it all the more shameful.

All your "shill" talk is a red herring (another logical fallacy...look it up). It's also a fallacy to continually bring up MMA Math but then pretend a fighter's strength of schedule (very respected/validated concept from other sports) is meaningless.

What's with this "journeymen" and "lower level of competition" talk?

Are you guys actually following this sport or spouting the same old recycled lines?

What do you guys think some his UFC competition? In 8 fights he beat:
Jon delos Reyes
Darrell Montague
Neil Seery
Louis Gauditnot
Dustin Pague
Chico Camus
Ali Bagautinov
And lost to DJ

Uncle Creepy is a better win than any of those with the exception of Bagautinov.
Oliveira, Kape and Ishiwatari would beat most of those guys too. Oliveira was 10-0 coming of a KO over UFC top 15 Featherweight Kawajiri, for fucks sake.

Im sure he would have fought DJ again by now if he stayed in the ufc, but on the whole, his Rizin wins are better than his UFC wins.

What's with this "journeymen" and "lower level of competition" talk?

Are you guys actually following this sport or spouting the same old recycled lines?

What do you guys think some his UFC competition? In 8 fights he beat:
Jon delos Reyes
Darrell Montague
Neil Seery
Louis Gauditnot
Dustin Pague
Chico Camus
Ali Bagautinov
And lost to DJ

Uncle Creepy is a better win than any of those with the exception of Bagautinov.
Oliveira, Kape and Ishiwatari would beat most of those guys too. Oliveira was 10-0 coming of a KO over UFC top 15 Featherweight Kawajiri, for fucks sake.

Im sure he would have fought DJ again by now if he stayed in the ufc, but on the whole, his Rizin wins are better than his UFC wins.

He definetly had more trouble fighting Ali Bougatinov than any fight he had in RIZIN and that was when he fought a deflated (PEDless) Ali

Oliveira, Kape and Ishiwatari can look as impressive as they want in RIZIN but they would all get a reality check in the UFC and maybe only Ishiwatari would come out looking OK

The UFC is fake & gay but outside of a few divisions it's a much better filter of talent than RIZIN or any of the JMMA orgs are

Horiguchi is fighting the mid tier and there is no way around it, During his RIZIN run he did not beat a single guy that would be a clear lock for being top 7-8 in today's UFC... Please do not say McCall..

I normally bash the UFC and it's overhyped divisions but Horiguchi has not done anything amazing in Rizin, he won a tournament that was set up for him to win, that's it.

Shintaro is a pretty good win no matter who you are, and you need to keep in mind that Kyoji is fighting at 135lbs instead of 125lb...he's giving up some serious size to a lot of these guys and still managing to knock them silly.

Back