In many ways it's more expensive to be poor

I don't know why I was thinking about this, but it's pretty damn expensive to be poor.

Back when I was a young man I was very poor and felt the impact of all these scenarios.

1. If you're really poor you can only afford to buy a small amount of groceries. Whereas if you have a little more cash you can go to places like Costco and buy in bulk which saves you money on the long run.

2. If you're really poor, chances are you're sometimes late with payments, which means you can't get good interest rates. People with higher income tend to only miss payments if they forget, not because they didn't have the money. So they can set up auto pay and things like that that help keep their credit score high so they can get lower interest rates.

3. Moving is expensive and many times poor people can't afford to do it. So they get stuck trying to survive in expensive areas. Where the middle class can leave an area when it becomes too expensive to live there.

4. Middle class people can do all kinds of things to their homes to save money, like adding solar panels, replacing single pane windows with double pane, replacing appliances with more energy efficient ones...

5. Middle class people can get the best vehicle for their needs. For instance, if they commute they can get something very fuel-efficient. Where a poor person's grandfather left them a Chevy pickup when he died, and that's your vehicle. You keep it alive forever and live with whatever gas mileage it gets. No matter how far your job is.

Just a tip: Costco doesn't save that much money. They definitely have some deals don't get me wrong, but you aren't really saving on most of their shit bulk deals. Same with Sam's.

Also, why can't poor people shop at Costco? You can basically get the membership for free several different times throughout the year. If you are gonna are gonna say travel to Costco as the reason, then that applies to almost everybody non-poor as well lol.

Also, why can't poor people shop at Costco? You can basically get the membership for free several different times throughout the year. If you are gonna are gonna say travel to Costco as the reason, then that applies to almost everybody non-poor as well lol.
It's not just the cost of the membership. I can go to Costco and drop 500 bucks on all kinds of shit that lasts me a month.

But if I were broke, then maybe I only have enough money to buy a few days worth of groceries at one time.

Back