In need of motivation, inspiration and life tips

KhmerFighter97

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on a person who dropped everything to pursue fighting? Literally everything. Unsupportive frinds, unsupportive family, school and etc,. someone who's committing everything he has to the sport. I'm fighting my first fight in July but ive been training on and off since he was 13. Is it crazy to sacrifice all that for something that's not guaranteed? The ultimate goal is to make a living off of it, and as crazy as it sounds, to be a UFC champ. I've set so many goals in my life and growing up, I felt like I just didnt have the support of my family to make these things happen. I have to achieve this. I have no one to blame but myself now. But, how stupid is it for me to forgo everything to pursue this? I've been through hell and back and now that I'm training again my life has a new found purpose. I havent been this happy in a while, but at the same time im homeless and financially insecure. Thoughts?

It's not a very good way to earn a living, I would have a back up plan. Also your body is gonna hate you when you get closer to 40.

Its not an easy life, but if it makes you happy, go for it. But you need to get a job and find a place to stay.

It's what I love man. I do have a backup plan, but I wanna pursue this while I can.

Then do it man. You end up regretting the things you didn't do later in life. It's possible you may be less financially secure and with many aching injuries, but that's the risk you take to pursue your dreams.

I have a buddy who is deathly afraid of uncertainty in life and always does things safe. He has told me several times he thinks Ali was a dumbass for ignoring his doctor's advise and boxing with brain injuries. While that may be true, I always tell him if Ali was the type of guy who would quit boxing because somebody told him to, we would have never known of him today. My friend still thinks Ali is stupid but what has he accomplished with his supposedly intact intelligence and health compared to Mohammed Ali?

I have several injuries from my boxing career that constantly hurt, and my regret regarding boxing is that I didn't train harder, not that I pursued it. I wouldn't take anything back.

It's beyond stupid. Have some type of long term goals. Fighting is finite and only a few people succeed.

Find a gym that'll let you live there. Some places will. You'll just have to clean all the mats and stuff like that.

As for being a pro fighter, if you're compelled to do it then try it out. Your first few fights should tell you if you want to continue or not. But I wouldn't recommend doing it for very long. Brain damage is very real and you don't want to spend the majority of your life dealing with a malfunctioning brain. It'll mess you up, son.

All that training is futile unless you've got that look in your eye.

And I can be one of those few man. As for right now, I have friends that let me stay over with them. As for injuries, I dont care. It's like asking if I'd rather live in a cage, safe for 80 years or be free but die at 40... Of course, I'm planning to get a job soon but is pursuing a fighting career really all that crazy?

My son plays at a pretty high level in his sport. His coach for the last two years says you need someone to be a Truth Teller. In other words, someone that can honestly and truthfully tell you if you're good enough to compete at the level you want to.

Do you have anyone like that? Does that person have a vested interest (financial) to keep you interested? Start there. Just because it's your dream doesn't mean you have the skillset to get there.

you can do it. see below pics for why. last pic relates to unsupportive friends and family.

wonderfulwednesday-dog-inspiration-L-_tF9Il.jpeg

worldog_quotes26.jpg

wonderfulwednesday-dog-inspiration-L-2m1w7e.jpeg

go for it, who really gives a fuck, fuck everybody, you wont have the regret of not trying it, roll the dice

My son plays at a pretty high level in his sport. His coach for the last two years says you need someone to be a Truth Teller. In other words, someone that can honestly and truthfully tell you if you're good enough to compete at the level you want to.

Do you have anyone like that? Does that person have a vested interest (financial) to keep you interested? Start there. Just because it's your dream doesn't mean you have the skillset to get there.

My coaches see a lot of potential in me, even when I started training a while ago at a different gym, they pushed me to compete but my parents didnt allow it. My head coach today believes that I'll destroy my weight class in amateur and he was a pro mma fighter with years of experience. Yes, I do pay a monthly membership fee, but ever since he told me to go to a more elite MMA gym once I really start to take off, I've trusted him a lot more.

I respect the hell out of people who have the balls to do this, but yeah you might want a backup plan for something.

Back