Opinion In The Middle of Fires, Trump Blames California, Threatens to Cut Federal Funding

Plenty of that already supplied itt. I'm just highlighting the thought process, which you're a great example of.
I'm asking you to explain to me since you;re so smart, how he was wrong.
Don't be a little bitch. You come to me running your neck, not the other way around so be a man and back your words up.

This thread is a mess

@Fawlty
Right, just as I thought.
Nothing but cheap insults. It makes you look weak.
Facts are facts; even our very liberal governor has admitted we need to step it up. We have just recently been approved for many billions in federal money exactly for this. The only thing wrong about Trump's message was the delivery, which was harsher than it needed to be.

You mean the top 3 populated states California, New York, and texas spend more on social programs than smaller states? No shit. If you look at per capita welfare, California is in the bottom half.

"That same year, California paid about $369 billion in total federal tax -- or about $13 billion more than it received -- according to the Internal Revenue Service Data Book, 2014. Another widely-cited study from 2007 says California received only 78 cents for every dollar it paid in federal taxes.Feb 14, 2017"

Last edited:
@Fawlty
Right, just as I thought.
Nothing but cheap insults. It makes you look weak.
Facts are facts; even our very liberal governor has admitted we need to step it up. We have just recently been approved for many billions in federal money exactly for this. The only thing wrong about Trump's message was the delivery, which was harsher than it needed to be.

How is he not wrong when he's talking about cutting state funding over a federal issue?

Trump being a dumbass as usual. What he needs to do as a leader is help console the survivors and pledge as much help in response and recovery measures, not throw blame. This isn't the moment to throw blame, it's the moment to mobilize as much help as possible in order to save as much life and property as possible.

The wildfires are insane. To be talking about blame instead of talking about help is even more insane.

California gives more federal money to the u.s. than they receive, how about we just keep all our money instead of subsidizing and supporting redneck welfare states.

That is what makes Trump's tweet so moronic and hilarious at the same time, especially for a so-called Republican to say it. You want to give us less of our own money to manage our own state?
Hate Californian politics all you want, but California isn't some poor state like Mississippi or North Dakota. It's a populous state that makes a shit ton of money on its own. Where does Trump think DC gets their money?

Holy derp, you just proved his point. California is able to spend so much on welfare because it's CALIFORNIA that is generating the revenue and is actually spending less per capita on its own citizens than the average state. The deep south's welfare expenditures are almost completely funded by federal coffers that California pays into in excess of what they receive.

Not fair, the south exports more than it's share of oxy fiends, so it's a wash.

Has nothing to do with apathy you queef puff and you have zero clue how cal state firefighters work in conjunction with federal. Keep spouting off.
Lol.. assumptions are the friend of ignorance.

brother(volunteer fire fire fighter) brother in law( fire rescue e.m.t. )father in law, daughter(e.m.t. And volunteer fire fighter) best friend are all cal fire.
I live 30 minutes from these fires.
...but yeah,I have know clue.

Let’s pivot back to the subject though.

Trumps a callous dick for tweeting shit like that during this. Americans are dying and all this idiot can think of is poorly thought out tweets?
It has everything to do with apathy.

Queff puff ? You Mouth breathers need a better vocabulary.

One of the few times I have to slam Trump.

If he tweeted only about describing what's going on with the fires and providing his condolences to those lost, this whole thing wouldn't have blown up in his face.

One of his weak points was on full display here : IMPATIENCE.

He should've waited until AFTER the whole disaster was over before saying what he said.

LOS ANGELES – With an eye toward destructive wildfire as California’s most immediate climate emergency, Gov. Jerry Brown took action on Friday to broadly expand state prevention efforts while allowing utility companies to shift some fire-related costs to their customers.

https://fox5sandiego.com/2018/09/21...nies-to-move-fire-related-costs-to-customers/

Gotta love these idiots up in Sacramento.
Moody's downgraded PGE and Edison when this passed.

No liability. Cal ratepayers paying for destruction caused by faulty grid.

This is insanity.

Thomas fire.
Tubbs fire
Woolsey fire
Camp fire

What's power gonna cost if ratepayers are held even for a fraction of this destruction.

These are rogue companies and they are burning the state down.

Back