Law Indiana Man Gets 650 Year Sentence for Rapes.

shankmcgank

Beep/Boop/Bop
@Black
Reaction score
Man responsible for brutal string 1980s rapes ID'd by utility bill, gets over 600-year sentence: 'Evil'

The conviction came after investigators got ahold of a DNA sample on a utility bill

An Indiana man linked to a chain of sexual assault cases more than 30 years ago has been sentenced to 650 years in prison due to DNA tracing on a utility bill.

Steven Ray Hessler, 59, was convicted on March 3 after an 8-day trial on 19 felony charges for home invasion sexual assaults between 1982 and 1985.

The charges include two counts of rape, six counts of unlawful deviate conduct and three counts of criminal deviate conduct, and one count of robbery against 10 victims total.

Investigators were able to get ahold of a DNA sample via a utility bill Hessler had licked and sent in.

Hessler would apparently break into homes, masked and armed, in the middle of the night. He would rape, bind, and torture his victims before wiping down the crime scene and stealing any items he might have touched, including money.

hessler.jpg

Steven Ray Hessler has been charged with 650 years in prison in relation to sexual assaults from 30 years ago.

Prosecutors said his final local assault involved Hessler handcuffing and hog-tying a male victim and then striking him with a gun. The victim was left in a coma for several months before being taken to a rehab facility wherein he had to learn to walk and talk again.

The prosecution had initially charged another local man with the first few attacks in 1983. The individual turned out to be Hessler's cousin. It was only after investigators got ahold of Hessler's DNA at one crime scene that they were able to obtain his DNA sample and executive a search warrant of his home in August 2020.

The search warrant resulted in the discovery of stolen photographs, cyberstalking traces on Hessler's computer, and clothing items that matched the victims' descriptions.

"Steven Ray Hessler is one of the most evil, dangerous, sadistic predators that I’ve had the pleasure of prosecuting in my 30+ year career," said Shelby County Prosecutor Brad Landwerlen. "He derived great pleasure from his unnecessarily brutal methods of terrorizing and sexually torturing his victims. I promised the victims early-on that my goal would be that he go to prison the rest of his life, and all involved are very happy that we have achieved that goal."

Via: Fox News

Unfortunately first degree murder with aggravating circumstances is the only capital crime in Indiana.

Capital Punishment in Indiana

I believe crimes like this should be eligible for the death penalty, seeing as they have DNA evidence recovered from the crime scenes.

Due to the nature of his crimes, I could see them putting him in permanent protective custody, so he could likely avoid 30 years of daily anal "fun" and prison beatings.

Taxpayers shouldn't be on the hook to feed and house this piece of shit for the next 30 years.

A bit of closure for the victims. A lifetime of living hell for the victimizer.

I can be a little less cynical today.

fucking great they caught him while he's still relatively young. Unlike those scums got caught when they're near end of life, can't really punish them properly

How did they they certify he licked the utility bill? I support the lifetime of non- consensual sodomy and beatings and having food withheld if true btw.

How did they they certify he licked the utility bill? I support the lifetime of non- consensual sodomy and beatings and having food withheld if true btw.
I'm guessing that finding DNA on the bill that matched the DNA from 40 year old crime scenes at least gave them probable cause to get more DNA directly from his face to nail things down.

Glad they were able to capture him. Dude deserves to rot.

Hopefully he commits suicide after a few years in solitary, or after fellow inmates make his life a living hell (can't decide which).

I think that's the best outcome all round. Justice gets done and seen to be done, scumbag dies in misery, and taxpayer is not discommoded too much.

Man responsible for brutal string 1980s rapes ID'd by utility bill, gets over 600-year sentence: 'Evil'

The conviction came after investigators got ahold of a DNA sample on a utility bill

An Indiana man linked to a chain of sexual assault cases more than 30 years ago has been sentenced to 650 years in prison due to DNA tracing on a utility bill.

Steven Ray Hessler, 59, was convicted on March 3 after an 8-day trial on 19 felony charges for home invasion sexual assaults between 1982 and 1985.

The charges include two counts of rape, six counts of unlawful deviate conduct and three counts of criminal deviate conduct, and one count of robbery against 10 victims total.

Investigators were able to get ahold of a DNA sample via a utility bill Hessler had licked and sent in.

Hessler would apparently break into homes, masked and armed, in the middle of the night. He would rape, bind, and torture his victims before wiping down the crime scene and stealing any items he might have touched, including money.

hessler.jpg

Steven Ray Hessler has been charged with 650 years in prison in relation to sexual assaults from 30 years ago.

Prosecutors said his final local assault involved Hessler handcuffing and hog-tying a male victim and then striking him with a gun. The victim was left in a coma for several months before being taken to a rehab facility wherein he had to learn to walk and talk again.

The prosecution had initially charged another local man with the first few attacks in 1983. The individual turned out to be Hessler's cousin. It was only after investigators got ahold of Hessler's DNA at one crime scene that they were able to obtain his DNA sample and executive a search warrant of his home in August 2020.

The search warrant resulted in the discovery of stolen photographs, cyberstalking traces on Hessler's computer, and clothing items that matched the victims' descriptions.

"Steven Ray Hessler is one of the most evil, dangerous, sadistic predators that I’ve had the pleasure of prosecuting in my 30+ year career," said Shelby County Prosecutor Brad Landwerlen. "He derived great pleasure from his unnecessarily brutal methods of terrorizing and sexually torturing his victims. I promised the victims early-on that my goal would be that he go to prison the rest of his life, and all involved are very happy that we have achieved that goal."

Via: Fox News

Unfortunately first degree murder with aggravating circumstances is the only capital crime in Indiana.

Capital Punishment in Indiana

I believe crimes like this should be eligible for the death penalty, seeing as they have DNA evidence recovered from the crime scenes.

Due to the nature of his crimes, I could see them putting him in permanent protective custody, so he could likely avoid 30 years of daily anal "fun" and prison beatings.

Taxpayers shouldn't be on the hook to feed and house this piece of shit for the next 30 years.
They better hope he's not immortal or he's going to come out with a vengeance in the year 2672

I'm ok with the sentence if he serves it in a super max on lock down. No human interaction. The guards don't talk other then orders, no entertainment other then books on an approved list.

I'm ok with the sentence if he serves it in a super max on lock down. No human interaction. The guards don't talk other then orders, no entertainment other then books on an approved list.
Why would they have to be books on an approved list? What's it matter what the guy reads? They're gonna need to smuggle sunshine in a bottle because hes never seeing the light of day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back