Instances when a pillow fisted guy flatlined someone?

chuck-liddell-tito-ortiz.gif

Tito Knockdown Wand too lol.

Bisping doesn't have pillow fists 16 KO in his carrer and look what he make with Cung Lee face and Knockdown Anderson Silva.

images
A C C U M A L A T I O N

kajan johnson flatlining adrino martins was a pleasant surprise

imo they were trying to feed kajan to the wolves for speaking out at the fighter summit. watching him sting martins was surprising to say the least as martins has more power and a decent chin, and kajan is someone you would never expect to flatline someone going backwards with a punch

Bobby Green just flatlined Grant Dawson. It is his only flatline KO in over a decade of fighting in the promotion as a striker.

People who are mentioning Frankie Edgar are wrong. Edgar wasn't pillowfisted, he was just undersized and underpowered. And he's still knocking out more people than Bobby Green.

Being durable and having a chin aren’t the same thing. Tito Trinidad was a durable fighter, but he got buzzed often. Lawler falls into that category. Similar to a Colby Covington type of fighter. Good cardio, durable, but prone to getting buzzed or even hurt.

Good chins are fighters like Shogun, Dan Henderson, and Anderson Silva. Not Robbie Lawler.

Oh, I see the problem, you're listing people with great chins as good chins and people with good chins as average chins. Your bar for these descriptions is way higher than most people's, that or you have way more tiers.

kajan johnson flatlining adrino martins was a pleasant surprise

imo they were trying to feed kajan to the wolves for speaking out at the fighter summit. watching him sting martins was surprising to say the least as martins has more power and a decent chin, and kajan is someone you would never expect to flatline someone going backwards with a punch

Dana got the last laugh by feeding him to Islam

Oh, I see the problem, you're listing people with great chins as good chins and people with good chins as average chins.
No, I’m listing guys with good chins as good chins, not guys with multiple stoppage losses who’ve been hurt or buzzed numerous times throughout their career.

Lawler had brutal stoppage losses peppered throughout his career. Not flukes, like GSP, or stoppage losses late in his career like some of the guys I mentioned previously. He had 1-shot stoppages to the likes of Nick Diaz.

That doesn’t mean he sucked or had a glass chin. But I just don’t think Lawler was ever “known for his chin.” If not for his late career resurgence, he would’ve been known as the guy Nick Diaz KO’d.

Nick, by the way, had a good chin.

When that Brazilian special forces dude floored koscheck

Lawler is not known for his chin. He’s been stopped multiple times, and hurt on many other occasions. He was known for his power.

I don’t think he has a shit chin, but it’s not great, and I’ve never heard anyone say it was.

<Varys01>

No, I’m listing guys with good chins as good chins, not guys with multiple stoppage losses who’ve been hurt or buzzed numerous times throughout their career.

Lawler had brutal stoppage losses peppered throughout his career. Not flukes, like GSP, or stoppage losses late in his career like some of the guys I mentioned previously. He had 1-shot stoppages to the likes of Nick Diaz.

That doesn’t mean he sucked or had a glass chin. But I just don’t think Lawler was ever “known for his chin.” If not for his late career resurgence, he would’ve been known as the guy Nick Diaz KO’d.

Nick, by the way, had a good chin.
Gsp got hit way less than Lawler and only fought at MW once. Lawler has 4 tko losses 1 was a knee injury, and 1 was very late in his career. You're underrating the hell out of Lawler's chin. Besides its not like damage isn't cumulative. Nick didn't just one shot Lawler he rocked him multiple times before it happened and Lawler was coming forward into the punch.

Nick has 3 TKO losses to Lawler's 4, one of which was a knee injury. Lawler had more fights and fought more guys bigger than himself, if Nick had a good chin then so did Lawler.

Last edited:
Gsp got hit way less than Lawler and only fought at MW once. Lawler has 4 tko losses 1 was a knee injury, and 1 was very late in his career. You're underrating the hell out of Lawler's chin. Besides its not like damage isn't cumulative. Nick didn't just one shot Lawler he rocked him multiple times before it happened and Lawler was coming forward into the punch.

Nick has 3 TKO losses to Lawler's 4, one of which was a knee injury. Lawler had more fights and fought more guys bigger than himself, if Nick had a good chin then so did Lawler.
Nick rocking him multiple times is proving my point, not yours. How many people did Nick ever rock multiple times?

Back