Instructional books

Ayin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This starts with a long story, that I will skip, so to put this in perspective I am spending the next two months walking across the Trans-Canada trail out of camping season. I know the idea of getting out of shape on a 60+ day hike seems a little ridiculous, but none the less I have compiled a no weight workout plan and talked with my coach to construct a day by day shadow box routine.
What I would really like to do is use some of the time to learn more about the fundamentals of swordsmanship, specificaly pertaining to the use of the Katana, which I will be bringing with me, and yes, I know Canadian law quite well concerning the carrying of swords in public and have already heard all of the wandering swordsman jokes when I carried it on my three day cross province bus trip.
So, if anyone has any good suggestions for books, magazines, or even internet print offs, I would appreciate it, the longer the better.

you can say that it's for training and carry around some kind of sword. but i'd keep it concealed. I sometimes carry around my broad sword for training, but keep it in my bag. if i get caught i'll say it's for training. it doesn't make too much sense nowadays for most punks to just carry around a sword as a weapon. most would just get a gun.

you can try google for internet, and ebay for books. but learning the fundamentals would be hard to do without someone telling you what you are doing wrong

Back