Introducing the Recoil Sports cobra glove

mrv

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi sherdoggers, I hope this post does not break any forum rules. I 'am not touting for business or advertising, I simply would like views and opinions on a new product I plan to release.

I'm creating a brand in the UK called Recoil, my aim is to have a full range of fightgear but for now I'll be sticking to just selling gloves. My first model, "champion", will be a handmade synthetic leather glove available in 12/14/16 oz. The gloves will be handmade by a very well respected custom glove craftsman in Pakistan so they will be of outstanding quality.

I am considering setting an RRP of 59.99 and the reason for this post is to see if anyone would like to give their view on (after looking at the glove design and specs) what an acceptable price would be and if you like the design. Would you buy the glove? do you like the design? would you change anything?

(glove logo, name and design are in the process of being trademarked and the following image may not be re-used or distributed in any way)

Many thanks, Ben :)

I personally really like your design.

What kind of foam are you thinking of using for them ? Layered or IMF ? In my opinion, layered is better. As for synthetic, I don't really care as long as it does not look plastic or cheap.

Finally, between 50 and 60$ would be a fair price.

I hope you will succeed with your project.

thanks very much for the reply seabass and your kind words. I've decided to have the gloves made from real leather instead of synthetic after giving it some thought today! as soon as I have a sample I'll put a thread up asking for someone to be kind enough to review the glove to get some feedback :)

Ben

Make sure you have the proper products liability insurance in place in case of any problems with the manufacturing. Comfort and safety of the person wearing them first.

thanks very much for the reply seabass and your kind words. I've decided to have the gloves made from real leather instead of synthetic after giving it some thought today! as soon as I have a sample I'll put a thread up asking for someone to be kind enough to review the glove to get some feedback :)

Ben
Would love to try them ;) but Canada might be a bit far to send a sample.

I like the snake design but not feeling that clipart star. Either personalize it somehow or use another symbol.

The pattern looks very similar to my Booster gloves. Especially the palm side.

Ditto on ditching the star. Also not a fan of such large graphics (with the exception of maybe the brand name) over the entire fist. A bit too "mma" for my taste, although I am a fan/enthusiast of the sport.

I would shoot a review if given the chance. I'm located in California, if that isn't too far to ship.

thanks for the feedback guys It's much appreciated! I agree on the star, it serves no purpose at all so I'll get it removed. I'll receive a sample soon so as soon as it arrives I'll put up a thread asking for someone to physically review it, it's no problem sending to the US for me, luckily shipping from the UK isnt that expensive :)

Once again thanks, Ben

Make sure you have the proper products liability insurance in place in case of any problems with the manufacturing. Comfort and safety of the person wearing them first.

Huge thanks for this post!

Just created an account because I would love to try this glove out.
I'm located in germany.

By the way: What type of glove will it be? Pure boxing glove, Muay Thai/Kickboxing-Style or a more Hybrid one like Venum or Hayabusa?

Is 59.99 in USD? I would be hesitant to buy a pair of new branded synthetic gloves, however if you can do genuine leather with this price or a little more, it would be competitive enough for my taste.

I guess I am the only that like the star on your logo. I like the way it is on the left one, but not liking how you've rotated it on the middle and the right handed one.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. The glove will be 100% real leather and the style will be boxing and the price would be £69.99 GBP. I'll be receiving a sample shortly so once my first order is placed and I'm ready to go I'll let you guys know, I'll need someone to create a review for me too :)

Heres some images of my glove in the flesh

They look interesting, bro. I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure.

They do look nice. Would not turn down an opportunity to review lol

I think these designs look great, wish you the best of luck. Awesome attitude also.

thanks for the replies chaps, I will be changing the wrist logo to an embroidered patch instead of screen printing as it doesn't have much presence being printed I think but other than that I'm happy. Further down the line there will also be other colours in black and red as not everyone likes white but as I'm starting out white and gold it will be for now :)

I think embroidery would be good for the back of the wrist patch giving it more presence as you said. But I might shy away from it on the palm side of the wrist since embroidery can be "hard" and if someone sparred with it could pose a cut hazard (not sure if sparring is the intended purpose for this model but people spar with any glove anyway) just a quick 2 cents something to think about

• I'm sure you'll have no shortage of volunteers to review a pair. As much as I would like to do it, there are definitely better guys at writing them such as Strat, Clamp, rmphilmacrac, and others. Nice looking gloves!

Back