Is Alex Pereira the least deserving black belt ever?

Safwan ibn Muattal

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
There have been many questionable black belts in MMA history (Vitor, Wanderlei, Cub Swanson, Poirier), but this may be the worst I can think of. Getting a black belt after a fight where 2 seconds of "grappling" was involved is comical at best, downright pathetic at worst.

GLYdiQOWkAA7bTh.jpg:large

you missed the part where alex grappled his ankle (ancient Pataxo tribe skill)

hill was about to tap out to the hold. but Alex KO'd him before that.

There have been many questionable black belts in MMA history (Vitor, Wanderlei, Cub Swanson, Poirier), but this may be the worst I can think of. Getting a black belt after a fight where 2 seconds of "grappling" was involved is comical at best, downright pathetic at worst.

Are you using Alex Pereira's UFC fights as the sole indicator of his grappling expertise?

you do know its not based off of ufc fights right.....right..... right????? Glover would know if he Black belt or not.....also why do you even care
<{cruzshake}><{cruzshake}><{cruzshake}>

He didn't look like a black belt when Adesanya had him down for an entire round. Luckily Alex was saved by the end of the round where he could get back up.

this was a joke by his team lol
he has no belts but hes a fucking striking master, so they gave him one

Yes especially since Magomed will take him down and show Alex has zero BJJ except a standing choke that never works

I remember JDS saying "I'm just a boxing guy" in a post fight interview soon after getting a black belt.

Back