Is anderson silva's best win Vitor Belfort?

So Rich is his best win then?

Ehhh

If forced to choose one as his best, I'd probably go with Hendo. Do you recall the accolades he had at the time?

Do you recall the name of the UFC in which that fight was the headliner??

Deserves credit for maia too.

Have you seen the Maia fight?

Easily the worst silva fight if you can even call it a fight

Silva literally danced around the entire fight and threw like 2 punches

Dana white called silva out after the fight

Anderson has a weak resume.

That is why I have GSP and Jones over him.

Yea, Anderson would have struggled with all those great fighters GSP fought.
Any one of them could have easily been the MW champ but chose not to.

I dunno man you cant count out those franklin wins no1 expected him to destroy franklin like that first time and the beating he put on him in the second fight was just brutal

Have you seen the Maia fight?

Easily the worst silva fight if you can even call it a fight

Dana white called silva out after the fight
Yea i know what he did, still a win though. Maia is destroying dudes now and silva clowned him.

You must have a very selective memory or never saw the fight in the first place.

n6t4x.png

Yea i know what he did, still a win though. Maia is destroying dudes now and silva clowned him.

You are making the same mistake practically everyone on this site makes by retroactively over-ranking a victory based on a fighter's current status rather than the status he had at the time of the fight in question.

Jones? Maybe. GSP? Lol. You're kidding.

And nah his resume isn't weak. Conor's is though.

Anderson has wins over Lutter, Leites, Maia who is a WW and Bonnar on his run.

GSP has only fought legit fighters.

Conor has a better win than any of Anderson.

Yeah thats from round 1

Silva danced rounds 2-5 and dont try to tell me he didnt cause he did
Silva dances in practically every fight. What was he supposed to do? Dive into Maia's guard a la Fedor/Werdum? It was definitely one of his weakest fights but let's not pretend like he didn't dominate and clown Maia for 5 rounds.

high light reel wise id yes yes to Vitor or Forret but resume wise would be Hendo or Rich

Anderson has wins over Lutter, Leites, Maia who is a WW and Bonnar on his run.

GSP has only fought legit fighters.

Conor has a better win than any of Anderson.
Maia and Leites are legit fighters lol

Hardy, Alves, Koscheck, Fitch, Sherk, Trigg... Yeah bro, straight up monsters.

Frankling wins (Frankling was a dominant champ at the time), Chael come from behind victory, or Hendo.

Maia and Leites are legit fighters lol

Hardy, Alves, Koscheck, Fitch, Sherk, Trigg... Yeah bro, straight up monsters.

WW was always a better division than MW.

MW was so weak when Anderson was champ that Leites got a title shot. He is a top 10 at best, maybe not even that.

And why don't you compare they best wins. You will know better after that.

Just rewatched Silva vs Hendo. Anderson landed some amazing shots that the announcers didn't catch. Don't recall that fight being as awesome as it was. Worth the rewatch for sure.

Hendo was the PRIDE Middleweight and Welterweight champ at the time (or was it just WW? Did he lose to Rampage first?).

Yes. That was Anderson at his absolute peak. He looked to be very focused and in the best shape of his career. I remember leading up to the fight people on here were saying "He better not try that hands down matrix bullshit on Vitor."
Sure enough, he matrixed Belfort and then landed the front kick heard around the world.

Back