Is ANYONE picking Whitaker FTW?

He isn't going to win without wrestling. It just depends how successfully he can time his shots and how worried he can make Izzy about it.

In the 1st fight he just tried to kickbox Izzy even though you wouldn't see any high level kickboxer in Glory with Whittaker's body type. He has the build of a well rounded athlete so he needs to be well rounded.
Whitaker almost never shoots for a takedown unless he’s wobbled

I don't think Whittaker's blitz style is well suited to beat Adesanya's counter striking, and I think he knows that too. I see him taking his time but ultimately losing a clear decision.

Watch the fight again. He WAS getting picked apart. You can literally see him getting frustrated and start to lunge.

?

I know, man. He lost the fight...

The point I made was that he could have been worried he was definitely going to be picked apart on the outside, therefore lunging in was his best shot at winning.

He basically said as much after the fight, too.

Ill bite. Schit was oversized and skinny. He sheer length changed fight game plans . Gas fought the best fight of his life that fight and hasn't duplicated it since - and when he got Izzy hurt, instead of pounding him against the cage, he went for a very bad decision to try a td
Schit Skilled? Yes, but that era of combat is nothing like today's guys .
I don't think this fight makes it out the 2nd Rd, I see a TKO on Whitaker by headkick. Just my op

so you admit you can be short and beat someone like Adesanya. that's all i wanted to hear.

i don't know what you mean nothing like today's guys. Badr Hari was giving the undisputed King of Glory all he could handle before getting injured. Badr Hari is not even the best when he was in his prime yet he put it on Rico like never before. if you think guys like Jamal Ben Sadik are so much better than guys like Schilt, Hoost, Peter Aerts and the rest i really don't know what to tell you.

I think the safer money is on Izzy but Rob can win with the right gameplan. I think it could be really competitive. I'd go 60/40 Izzy but Rob has a solid chance.

I think he is going to concentrate on wrestling and clinchwork this time, he clearly has no chance in a technical range battle.

Wait for Izzy to move off his centre-line, then charge him down. If he counters drop the shoulder, if he teeps, pivot and double leg, if tries to circle out follow and maintain pressure. Easier said than done though.

Gotta say i love Rob, he seems like such a cool dude but the way Adesanya handled the Joe Rogan bullshit was classy as fuck, he really turned me around on that one, happy for either fighter if they win.

No. This is similar to the Adasanya vs Costa fight where I'm convinced of the outcome in advance. Ko/Tko win for the champion.

so you admit you can be short and beat someone like Adesanya. that's all i wanted to hear.

i don't know what you mean nothing like today's guys. Badr Hari was giving the undisputed King of Glory all he could handle before getting injured. Badr Hari is not even the best when he was in his prime yet he put it on Rico like never before. if you think guys like Jamal Ben Sadik are so much better than guys like Schilt, Hoost, Peter Aerts and the rest i really don't know what to tell you.
No, I mean guys are training at 12 years old these days, the pool of fighters is much larger these days. Those guys were trailblazers l, on the fringe , this is mainstream combat

I think he is going to concentrate on wrestling and clinchwork this time, he clearly has no chance in a technical range battle.

Wait for Izzy to move off his centre-line, then charge him down. If he counters drop the shoulder, if he teeps, pivot and double leg, if tries to circle out follow and maintain pressure. Easier said than done though.
If Vettatori and Jan couldnt control him on the clinch for td, Whitaker isn't going to. He won't get close enough

I think Robert is going to win by KO. I'm very close to putting my money where my mouth is. I haven't at this second. But I'm super close.

Whittaker got this!!

Back