Is Arman a hot head?

TimeToTrain

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I don’t know much about the guy but he seemed classy against Charles until I saw the footage of him swinging at a fan, and another clip of him and his crew when he shoved Bobby Green. The man is starting to get his stardom and then all this tantrum appears. I remember Karo Parisyan and especially Manny Gamburyan were easily emotionally triggered.

Anyone know the back story of those two incidents?

Yes, he is definetily a hot head.

I liked how classy he was in the interviews towards his last opponent, but he for sure has some issues controlling his emotions.
He is young and in that sense a little inexperienced, and it seems to be a bit of a cultural thing too.

Why do you think he wasn't showing he was a hothead before he had any stardom?

His coach seemed like a real douchebag, doing the crying gesture behind Arman repeatedly :rolleyes:

I don’t know much about the guy but he seemed classy against Charles until I saw the footage of him swinging at a fan, and another clip of him and his crew when he shoved Bobby Green. The man is starting to get his stardom and then all this tantrum appears. I remember Karo Parisyan and especially Manny Gamburyan were easily emotionally triggered.

The guy grabbed him, he got what he deserved.

He stayed very calm and collected when those turds were disrespecting him at the q and a. This incident with the fan was somewhat surprising.

Yes, he is definetily a hot head.

I liked how classy he was in the interviews towards his last opponent, but he for sure has some issues controlling his emotions.
He is young and in that sense a little inexperienced, and it seems to be a bit of a cultural thing too.
That guy grabbed him though, seems like a fuck around situation tbf.
You're right though, he's young and we all remember what its like to be young.

If someone would interrupt my concentration in that way I would probably do the same thing. These are fighters who getting payed for beating people up, don´t talk shit to them.

I was raised in a community were it´s a common thing if you talk shit you get hit. But I´m not a hot head, I can be really nice to respectful people.

I´m not a fighter, don´t have to. You can people hurt more with the right words, at least it´s my experience.

Wtf is this? Are you implying bc their Armenian heritage, these 3 fighters are less classy?
Stop being such a Nacy boy. They’re pro fighters. Don’t flip off pro fighters or anyone for that matter. Strickland jumped on DDP, does his ethnicity have anything to do with that? No it didn’t. Grow up

On Monday, I posted regarding this topic, in another thread. So let me paste here, what I typed, for your own judgment and decision on how you guys would like to view Arman.

Below is the pasted message from another thread:

Here's my neutral take. It consists of a mash-up of points.

1. In this thread I read from certain poster/s that this crowd seemed to be grabbing on to fighters more than any usual/typical crowd (e.g Aljo, Charles, Arman encountered this). So, for what it's worth, take this into consideration.

2. Guys, understand one thing: there was a Q&A with fans recently (i forgot which UFC event it was held at) with Arman, Poatan and Kayla Harrison. A lot of fans were boo-ing Arman, and taking the Mic to verbally abuse Arman with vulgarities (if I remember correctly), to the extent that Megan Olivi and maybe even Kayla were feeling rather disturbed by the rowdiness and the abuse. As a neutral observer, I noticed that Arman kept his cool so well, and he remained very polite and respectful, even towards the worst insults and personal attacks by fans who hid behind the mic , 200 metres away from him. To the extent that I actually got irritated and annoyed by Arman's seemingly meek response, and I actually thought he was behaving too soft.
Now, I notice many posters are criticising Arman for punching a fan on fight night (and some are hinting that this brute behavior has to do with his race/ethnicity/heritage -- okay, i have no comments on that). Conversely, Many posters are in support for Arman, too.
Here's what I personally feel: if you think about the personal insults Arman took during the Q&A day, and put it all in perspective, would you have a different stance towards Arman's actions then? It's entirely possible that throughout this buildup, Charles fans have been super vocal and toxic towards Arman, that this has been building up like a volcano inside of him. So, to what extent should we blame him for lashing out, just minutes before his most important moment of his fight career? Secondly, imagine being personally attacked by keyboard warriors for an extended period of time, getting boo'd by the entire crowd, and you just want your personal space during those few seconds of walkout. If you were him, would you yourself, be able to stay cool and collected, if all you wanted was to have your personal boundary be respected, but even that personal space was taken away from you?
In fact, Arman's post-fight comments about the fan incident sheds more light into his personal "code". He did say that, he's cool if anyone talks shit to him from 200m away, and he'll take it in stride, but, if knowing that he is a fighter, the shit-talker still tries to heckle him within arm's length, then he has a problem. Given this context, do you guys have a different view now? I mean, I don't know... Someone did teach me not to poke the tiger, and that's a mantra that I always follow.

3. After hearing that Charles encountered something similar during his walkout but reacted well to it: Damn, what a class act. I have always thought that Charles is a good human, first and foremost, and a good fighter, secondly. Him acknowledging/hugging his opponents and their cornermen before the fight is a really nice gesture. I wish I can see him get more dominant wins from here on out.

4. Charles definitely seems like someone who will be able to keep his cool much better than Arman, but, again, before some of you guys hint about Arman's supposedly brute-like/brash behavior stemming from his race/background, I hope you think further about the context and put yourselves in his shoes.

people from this part of the planet are all the same
99% religious, bragging about their high ethics and morale, pretend not to smoke, drink or use drugs
yet every week someone from this not so big population will be in the news with crime under influence, either a group beating, rape or murder
noone wants to have any business with them and tries to find a way to dodge even a simple conversation since its either a fraud or a potential assault

so, what to expect from a person who was raised with their traditions and culture? Ar-man learnt how mimic among decent people, yet in any critical situation he gonna show his true colors
Безымянный.jpg

Middle child syndrome

Back