Is Beto O'Rourke actually a Conservative when it really matters?

Scerpi

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Since I live here, I'm about sick of these campaign ads between these two. But I found this recent news absolutely hilarious. Why isn't he giving credit to Old Willy for helping him raise money from outside of Texas?

Beto O'Rourke will not share $38 million he raised with other Dem Senate candidates
https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...re-38-million-he-raised-with-other-dem-senate

"Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas) said Monday that he won't share the $38 million his campaign raised in the third quarter of the year with other Senate Democratic candidates.

"No," O'Rourke told a reporter who asked if he would share the funds with candidates in tighter races, according to the Washington Examiner.

"I'm focused on Texas. Most of our contributions have come from Texas. All of them have come from people. Not a dime from PACs," he said, according to the report.

O'Rourke added that he is honoring "the commitment that those who've contributed to this campaign have made to me."

"If they want to contribute to someone else, they should do so. If they want to contribute to a campaign that's going to win this historic victory for Texas and the country, then I'm grateful for the contribution and I'm going to make the most of it, so that's what we're focused on," he said."

From another article

Beto O’Rourke’s War Chest Bothers Some Democrats
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/12/us/politics/ted-cruz-beto-orourke-poll.html

“It’s great that O’Rourke has inspired so many people and raised so much money, and if he can spend it all effectively in Texas, he is well within his rights to do so,” said Matthew Miller, a veteran Democratic strategist and Texas native. “But he could have a huge impact for the party by sharing some of it with the D.S.C.C. so it could be spent in states where candidates just need a little extra to get over the hump.

Aggravating Democrats further are reports that Mr. O’Rourke — not through any direction of his own — is receiving money from grass-roots supporters in states that also have competitive races. This has included word of an upcoming O’Rourke fund-raiser in Missouri, where Senator Claire McCaskill, the incumbent Democrat, is straining to survive a challenge from Josh Hawley, the state’s Republican attorney general.

Yes Beto, I completely agree it sucks when you're worked your ass off and there's people running around who feel like you should be sharing it.... because... well, because they want it too. I don't want to share anymore of my money than you do. Don't worry Beto, you're entitled to that money, don't share it if you don't want to... lol.

Nah. If he was ahead solidly in the polls, I'd say share the love. But he's trailing. People donated that money to him to try to win that race. They could donate to Act Blue (by clicking on this link... https://secure.actblue.com/ ) or something if they care more about the Senate generically.

That being said, I have no idea how you effectively spend $38 million dollars in three weeks.

What happens to money that is left over? It assuredly does not go back to the donors and I am assuming there are laws against Beto just pocketing it.

As soon as he said he's a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment and then followed up with wanting to ban assault weapons and magazines with with a 10+ round capacity during his debate with Cruz, his fate has already been sealed, no matter how much money he has.

I take it you're not married...
Lol... fair point. I meant on political ads.

Here's a real idea though: what if he took that money and chartered a bunch of buses to transport people to the polls?

Or what if he catered a bunch of absolutely lit block parties in every major Texas city, but you needed an "I voted" sticker to get in?

Back