Is bodybuilding a sport?

No. It's easily one of the most flawed of the pseudo "sports" out there. The winner is usually determined by who can be exploited the best for sponsor profits. The technical and compulsory criteria they say they use is a bunch of horse shit thrown together to make it seem like they are legit judging.

It’s a hobby for some, a lifestyle for others. But it’s not a sport.

It's a male beauty pagent, people don't suggest miss world is a sport, bodybuilding is not either.

No. It's easily one of the most flawed of the pseudo "sports" out there. The winner is usually determined by who can be exploited the best for sponsor profits. The technical and compulsory criteria they say they use is a bunch of horse shit thrown together to make it seem like they are legit judging.

No you get ranked on muscle size, condition, symmentary, proportion etc, a whole bunch of stuff. It’s def not just judges being like “oh yeah that’s the winner” but it’s certainly less objective than a punch in the face, and we see how often mma judging gets that wrong.

No you get ranked on muscle size, condition, symmentary, proportion etc, a whole bunch of stuff. It’s def not just judges being like “oh yeah that’s the winner” but it’s certainly less objective than a punch in the face, and we see how often mma judging gets that wrong.

It's no different today, than when Joe Weider was alive. I know folks feel all shiny and new since Heath didn't win this year, but its still business as usual.

Jacking off is a sport now, confirmed
<[analyzed}>
<{clintugh}>

I can just hear the interviews......'' this kid, wow, first time I saw him, I thought, wow, that technique, and that was him at 11 years old, just so natural, its been my pleasure to coach & watch him perform, these last 5 years.''

I don't really view the actual competition itself as physical exertion. Maybe posing is harder than I think though.

This is the video Vegan Gains made about Rich Piana and posted in 2015. I don't like him because he is a bit preachy but listen to what he says about Rich before he died. He pretty much nailed what was going to happen to him before it did. He called Rich's last huge steroid cycle "a suicide note."

No, but it's gay.

I have to agree with this. I mean, o guess you could call it a sport. But it definitely is super gay. Is men’s competitive butt fucking a sport too now? Because it would actually be less gay.

Does it require any athletic ability?

Muscle hypertrophy isn't athletic ability

Takes a serious amount of dedication to excel in

Bodybuilding isn't a sport? The Son of Crom would have words with thee!:)

Arnold-as-Conan.jpg

Last edited:
i dont think it is, since you win or lose based on judges, i guess if the judging system would be as technical as is in olympic gymnastics it would be, but its not

I'd say no because the criteria for winning has no objectivity. That's not to say it's not hard.

Lifting is a sport IMO but because 'body building' as someone said upthread, at the top rung is almost all best use of pharmaceuticals, I would not call that a sport. But the underlying lifting can be defined thus.

All these gains are not loyal, bros.

It can be a combat sport when you rage on your g/f as she walks through the door.

Back