Is Boxing having a better year than UFC/MMA

Yes, UFC has sucked this year. Boxing will be ready to die again next year though.
Boxing will never die. Been around for over 100 and still not dead, i know mcgregor getting his ass handed to him in a boxing ring has hurt you but dont try to trash the sport.

Doesn't seem like many of you are boxing fans. None of you have even mentioned the rematch tonight between
Roman "chocolatito"Gonzalez vs Srisaket Sor RUngvisai. A rematch to their fight of the year candidate back in march. BOXING is having one hell of a year!

Boxing is having a better year like it always has and likely always will.

Boxing will never die. Been around for over 100 and still not dead, i know mcgregor getting his ass handed to him in a boxing ring has hurt you but dont try to trash the sport.

Everything dies. Boxing is no different. It will not be an overnight process, as it hasn't been since it's been dying, but there will no doubt come a time where boxing is on the level of the other martial arts in terms of mainstream popularity.

Deal with it.

2017 has been pretty brutal for MMA so far. Lackluster events, USADA busts, last minute pullouts, alot of whining from the fans, bad pay, forgettable fights..

Meanwhile in boxing (the sport where you can only use your hands) has had some great fights this year, the fighters and fans are happy, no big pullouts, great pay and alot of high profile fights.

Boxing is alive
LSC/Frampton 2, GGG/Jacobs & Rungvasai/Chocolatito, Thurman vs Garcia, Joshua/Klitchko, Spence/Brook, Ward/Kov 2, Pac/Horn, MayMac, Rungvasai/Chocolatito 2, GGG/Canelo

Boxing has been killing it this year. Meanwhile UFC 208, 209, 210, 213, 214, 215 have all been mired in negative controversy such as last minute pull outs and failed drug tests, among towelgate & bad reffing as well.

I havent heard any boxing fights other than canelo vs ggg

Can someone tell me what there is to look forward to in the UFC? A particular fighter or fight. I don't see anything in the pipeline whereas boxing has a bunch of big fights/fighters coming up to look forward to.

Boxing has had the #1 PPV 12 of the past 15 years, MMA has only had the #1 PPV 3 of the past 15 years.

It's not even close

NzumeDV.jpg

Last edited:
It's been a really good year for boxing.

Boxing has had the #1 PPV 12 of the past 15 years, MMA has only had the #1 PPV 3 of the past 15 years.

It's not even close
Mma has sold way more ppv over that period. At least the last 10.

Everything dies. Boxing is no different. It will not be an overnight process, as it hasn't been since it's been dying, but there will no doubt come a time where boxing is on the level of the other martial arts in terms of mainstream popularity.

Deal with it.
Thats the thing with you casual boxing fans. You keep saying its dying but it never does. The fanbase will always remain. They have been saying boxing is dying for years now. The fans will never go away.

I havent heard any boxing fights other than canelo vs ggg
Gee, maybe because you only follow MMA? If you asked most regular people on the street they'd have no idea about fights in either sport.

Thats the thing with you casual boxing fans. You keep saying its dying but it never does. The fanbase will always remain. They have been saying boxing is dying for years now. The fans will never go away.

It hasn't remained the same. It used to be the top sport in America outside of another sport I know that is dying...Baseball.

Shit dies, things to lose steam. Get over it.

Boxing has enough history and importance in MMA to where I believe it will survive at an amateur level and a relative small professional scene like kickboxing, but that's it.

Boxing is only still alive in poor circles and ancient families, and the only thing keeping it alive is time and money. As MMA gets more established in these poorer neighborhoods and countries and is a more affordable option to get into....it's going to absorb boxing.

It hasn't remained the same. It used to be the top sport in America outside of another sport I know that is dying...Baseball.

Shit dies, things to lose steam. Get over it.

Boxing has enough history and importance in MMA to where I believe it will survive at an amateur level and a relative small professional scene like kickboxing, but that's it.

Boxing is only still alive in poor circles and ancient families, and the only thing keeping it alive is time and money. As MMA gets more established in these poorer neighborhoods and countries and is a more affordable option to get into....it's going to absorb boxing.
Boxing was the top sport in the 70's and 80's.Since the 90's its become less mainstream but still hasnt died. But like any classic sport it still has its fanbase that will always remain, kind of like how football and NBA are super popular but baseball is less popular. Baseball will never die even though its less watched now. Same with boxing, sports like that just dont die.

UFC is basically a niche sport also, its TV ratings usually never top 1million just like boxing and most PPV's flop unless theres a big star like conor with a stacked card. Boxing and mma are both niche sports and probably always will be. The notion that MMA just blows boxing out of the water is false, they are both very similair in their view rates and ratings.

Does anyone have actual numbers on that? I find it hard to believe that boxing has sold more PPVs than UFC over the past 10 years.
The only question is whether floyds top fights make up for the difference. Since they're so out of whack. Although I'd say the may mac fight should count for both sports. Not just for boxing.

Boxing was the top sport in the 70's and 80's.Since the 90's its become less mainstream but still hasnt died. But like any classic sport it still has its fanbase that will always remain, kind of like how football and NBA are super popular but baseball is less popular. Baseball will never die even though its less watched now. Same with boxing, sports like that just dont die.

UFC is basically a niche sport also, its TV ratings usually never top 1million just like boxing and most PPV's flop unless theres a big star like conor with a stacked card. Boxing and mma are both niche sports and probably always will be. The notion that MMA just blows boxing out of the water is false, they are both very similair in their view rates and ratings.

Boxing drops lower and lower

MMA is rising though, and most importantly in terms of gyms and people participating. More competition and developing technique will lead MMA to a golden age it hasn't even had yet. MMA is niche now, but I believe with the right moves it can be at least a top 3 sport, maybe even top two outside of American Football and regular football internationally.

In my opinion the problem is that the UFC (beeing the biggest in the market) is more trying to promote the brand, than their fighters.

But the brand alone doesn't attract PPV's, the fighters does. And now there aren't many left that really do.

Also a lot of shit match-up's made this year.

Back