Is Chester Bennington the best vocalist screamer?

Is Chester Bennington the best vocalist screamer?

• Total voters
Corey Taylor would like a word. Chester is up there for the scream in Giving Up. Also the singer from Queensryche Geoff Tate but that could be more described as singing.

For those that think the slipknot guy cant sing

Little Richard was the first and the best, no one else does it like he did though many have tried down through the decades.

No. Rock Jesus is way better.

(time stamped)

Gillan is crazy good. He made it sound so effortless.

It's funny because he was one of the earliest rock screamers and you'd think others could learn from his technique and surpass him, but you could easily argue that nobody ever has.

He's pretty good but Will Ramos from Lorna Shore is on another level. Best vocal fry I've ever heard.

I'm convinced Will's an alien or mutant. The stuff he can do with his voice is nuts, plus unlike a lot of other extreme metal vocalists, he can actually sing to top it off. His covers of Chokehold by Sleep Token and Slow Dancing in the Dark by Joji show off his singing.

He was alright for that style of music but I've heard way better. Too many to name but I used to mostly listen to black metal, death metal, grindcore, death core, and etc. LOL

I have never heard a scream more intense than that from Alex Koehler - the original vocalist for Chelsea Grin. I swear to god his screams would split the fucking air and people would cover their ears in shock.

Mitch Lucker is neck and neck with him. Both have/had otherwordly screams. Rest in peace Mitch.

Last edited:
I am glad "Jesus Christ Pose" got posted. I was on my way here to do that.

We'll toss in Maynard James Keenan. All he needs in my eyes is the one scream heard in this song.

Back