Is Cody this eras version of Gray Maynard?

I feel like he's very much heading that direction
Mileage is taking its toll it appears His speech seems reminiscent Maybe he should hang them up But then what?
discuss

bummer about Felder by the way I enjoyed watching him go
I was really worried ab his chin and lasting 5 rounds. But he held up and honestly that's a win for Cody. Font doesn't have big power but has a jab from hell. Cody took prob 100 punches on the chin and a few of them were power punches

The most obvious thing was Cody's endurance wasn't great. I truly think Covid has slowed him down bc he had a pretty rough experience with cover. I mentioned that to a friend early in the fight and bisping pointed that out as well.

I think Cody trained hard for this fight but honestly it may take him a while to fully recover from that bout with covid. If I'm Cody, I'm taking some time off before I fight again. Let the body heal and come back stronger.

Honestly I think this was a bad match-up for Cody. At 29 years old I would not expect his endurance to taper off that bad naturally so again I truly think Covid played a role in that. But it's Cody's job to get healthy and not have that excuse so ultimately maybe he thought he was ready but wasn't yet.

Your observation seems accurate, but very sad also at the same time, he is one of the most entertaining fighter to watch. But he is such a reckless guy, both in life or at the octagon.
I think we give Cody time to recover. I honestly don't think at 29 he's a shadow of himself 4 years ago. I think he's still in his Prime. As I just mentioned on another post, the biggest issue I think stemmed from Covid. There's no way to replicate a real 5 round fight so I think Cody thought he was ready but in fact wasn't back to 100% yet. Now he know's he's not 100% healthy at the moment

I think he needs to move down to restart his career. That and he looked tiny against Font.

One thing I’ve noticed as a fly in the room is that Cody does not crack pads like he used to. He’s definitely lost some of the pop in his punches and his power played a huge role in why he became a champion and top 5 in the division.

He'll be fine. He only lost a fight. It happens in fights.

He'll be fine. He only lost a fight. It happens in fights.

No matter how much we try to swipe it under the rug, it's matter in the fighting game. Still his big appreciator, in his win or lose.

<mma4>
Sure, why not. That seems like a pretty accurate take.

Back