Is Conor the best MMA boxer of all time?

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

@Thepaintbucket

Anderson isn't even in the conversation with Nate and Conor...and Conor is levels above Nate....Conor is in a league of his own at the top...

Anderson HAD NO ability to lead, and didn't have the skill to create his own countering oppurtunities and or to draw opponents in.

Anderson was out CLASSED by Bisping and Wediman simply because they stood disciplined behind jab work and fiented often to offset Anderson's timing

Anderson could only ever "counter" low IQ brawlers who blindly rushed in

Where as not only does Conor have the most sophisticated leadhand game in MMA with one of the most sophisticated fienting systems in MMA (all unlike Anderson) Conor can lead just as brilliantly as he counters. Conor actually has educated body punching and his jab is incredible (the way he mixes up with fients and changes the speed of his jabs too, he's nearly impossible to read or time)

Unlike Anderson, Conor has the skill to create his own counting opportunities and has many advanced methods to draw opponents in and or create his own countering opportunities such as distance deception, leadhand control, rhythm manipulation, fienting etc

Conor is on a completely different level to anything Anderson ever showed

Conor has actual real fundamental boxing skill as his base that everything he does is built off of
I don't know why you even bother. Your posts are good but you talk about techniques while the haters talk about conspiracies ("Mayweather carried him! Fight was fixed! Judges were bought!") to justify their belief that Conor sucks. Even if they understood what you say about the techniques and tactics Conor uses, which most of them don't, they're way too deep in their hate-hole to look at anything Conor does objectively.

For me he is.

I don't think anyone in the history of MMA could have faired, as well as he did, against Mayweather.

I think Shane Burgos has better MMA boxing fundamentals than Conor. But then that's just my opinion.

Little nog won madals at boxing. Sure it wasnt the olympics but still, he is a better pure boxer than conor.

The man's jab is one of the best in MMA, so good that he was able to beat Romero with a broken right hand. People underrate Whittaker so much.
Whittakers great and likely the better fighter in terms of technique but yoel beats him if the judges put down the pipe.

Yes.... for 7 minutes
Very fair. This is what I'd say. It's kind of like how a Quarter Horse is the fastest horse in the world, able to reach the highest top speed, but they can only do it for a quarter mile, and hence the name 'Quarter Horse'. The thoroughbred is not as fast but can run a mile and further distances faster.

Conor is the quarter horse of MMA. Amirite, @Sharkey ?

Maybe for 1 round. Overall the Diaz bros are better. Nate fucked him up boxing the first time and in the 2nd fight Conor had to kick and run.

Back