Is Dominick Reyes done??

the dudes been done since the Jan fight, he got a destroyed by Jan horrible aged loss, got even worse destroyed by Jiri a good aged loss, and then got an even worst KO loss by Ryan Spann, another horrible loss
Jan's last two fights were a draw with Ank and a split decision loss to the current champ, I wouldn't call it a horrible aged loss.

I wouldn't say he is done.

I'd say he was done, the shit's so past tense at this point

Judges and half of the press had Jones winning, sir.

Don’t let your hate for Jones blind you, sir.
Try twice the amount of press had Reyes winning

More competent than you in this case.

As one respected journalist put it: “ I think the word "robbery" is used way too often in combat sports. I thought Jones-Reyes was a close fight that could have gone either way. In fact, my assumption right before the announcement was made was that Jones would probably win on the scorecards via split decision. ”

Reyes did F all to take the title so your opinion is void, sir.
[<cena1}
Nice post white belt. Your own bias on the matter equals jack and shit to everyone here.

If you think journalists are any kind of authority on MMA you are very wong, bud.
Tell that to the people who thought Reyes won, they're always the first to bring up the media scores. Meanwhile, every time I rewatch that fight, especially without commentary, I come away more impressed with Jones' defense than anything Reyes did. I think when it comes to close fights, more people should rewatch fights with 0 commentary before they form an strong opinion instead of saying "well judges thought this, journalists thought that"

Next to Gustaffasson in his 1st fight against Jones, Reyes did the best (still had Jones winning tho)….

However, can’t recall a fighter who has been brutally KO’d in every fight since AND been able to come back and regain form.

Is there any hope for Dominick to contend again?
Arlovski managed it. He's one of the only ones to recover from such a brutal losing steak after being knocked out by Fedor, Brett Roger's, and Sergei Kharitonov and then losing to Bigfoot Silva. Everyone thought he was done.

Then he managed to come back and reinsert himself as a UFC contender. Didn't quite make it back to gold because he ran into a prime Stipe Miocic, but he did better than anyone ever expected and even avenged his loss against Silva with a devastating KO win.

So yea, Arlovski

We'll know in his next fight vs Jacoby, if he can't win that one than it's pretty clear he's not gonna be a contender again.

I am still gonna give Reyes the benefit of the doubt and not write him off considering he's dropped 4 in a row. The Jones loss was super close and against the Goat, he got KO'd by Jan in another title fight. Had a back and forth with Jiri where both guys landed, Reyes was doing fine in that fight landing and doing some ground work. But the Spann loss is the one that you really gotta question him. It was his worse loss, fastest and vs the lowest opponent.

He's had decent time to recover since Nov 2022. Those 4 losses all came in a span of 1.5 years. So let's see how he does. I feel that Reyes can be a top 10 and still dangerous if he gets his confidence and rhythm back along with some adjustments.

3 brutal KO’s especially the Jan & Jiri ones and all in a row…

They should have him fight someone with zero KO’s in his next fight…Paul Craig anyone?

Well, they gave him Jacoby. Not really the biggest KO threat.

Stick to the topic…

You voluntarily provided your take on the fight (which has nothing to do with your OP, btw) therefore opening it up for public discourse. Should take your own advice.

I wouldn't say he is done.

I'd say he was done, the shit's so past tense at this point

Try twice the amount of press had Reyes winning

Nice post white belt. Your own bias on the matter equals jack and shit to everyone here.

Discrimination based on belt color?

Lol. You are a silly goof.

You voluntarily provided your take on the fight (which has nothing to do with your OP, btw) therefore opening it up for public discourse. Should take your own advice.
SU with your white-knight nonsense of a fellow Sher-Virgin..

Arlovski managed it. He's one of the only ones to recover from such a brutal losing steak after being knocked out by Fedor, Brett Roger's, and Sergei Kharitonov and then losing to Bigfoot Silva. Everyone thought he was done.

Then he managed to come back and reinsert himself as a UFC contender. Didn't quite make it back to gold because he ran into a prime Stipe Miocic, but he did better than anyone ever expected and even avenged his loss against Silva with a devastating KO win.

So yea, Arlovski

Its HW. The small talent pool at HW means when old fighters are pushed down the ladder its much easier to find Ws. Thats the real reason Arlvoski has survived as long as he has. In other divisions its harder to find a rebound. Every time Arlvoski gets beat at the top level he got pushed down to a level where guys couldn't beat him.

Tell that to the people who thought Reyes won, they're always the first to bring up the media scores. Meanwhile, every time I rewatch that fight, especially without commentary, I come away more impressed with Jones' defense than anything Reyes did. I think when it comes to close fights, more people should rewatch fights with 0 commentary before they form an strong opinion instead of saying "well judges thought this, journalists thought that"
On point, I think those that ride hard For Reyes on that fight either hate Jones for all this out of the octagon behavior or are still bitter he wrecked DC x 2.

Its HW. The small talent pool at HW means when old fighters are pushed down the ladder its much easier to find Ws. Thats the real reason Arlvoski has survived as long as he has. In other divisions its harder to find a rebound.
Agree and its not like AA even tries to win these days, he just tries not to get KO’d by less than mediocre opponents.

Its HW. The small talent pool at HW means when old fighters are pushed down the ladder its much easier to find Ws. Thats the real reason Arlvoski has survived as long as he has. In other divisions its harder to find a rebound. Every time Arlvoski gets beat at the top level he got pushed down to a level where guys couldn't beat him.
LHW is almost just as shallow.

Honestly even if they were wearing all that I think there's a good chance Reyes would have found a way to get hurt regardless or he would have gotten out-pointed. He just looked... off in there, in more ways than his chin.

It reminded me of watching Chuck come back to fight Tito for the last time.
Yeah, some reason to me it feels like he can't bounce back.

The Jones Reyes fight is like the “worst Jon moment” people like to rally behind. Reyes ran and fought like a coward the second half of the fight. Even if you give him the close decision he didn’t look good in the championship rounds nor did he ever have Jon in any real danger outside of winning on points early on. The fight momentum was fairly down the middle and Dom tried to coast and evade while Jon turned up the pressure in the second half. I have no issue with anyone giving it to Reyes in a close one either.

My issue is this…….. even if you have Reyes winning this it would have been such a unsatisfying underwhelming loss comparatively (and people would have questioned the title change more outside of haters wanting Dom to win).

Jon still hasn’t had a moment like other GOATs. Like Fedor, Spider, Izzy, GSP, Usman, Aldo, Mighty Mouse, Cyborg, Amanda, Ronda, JJ, Zhang etc. Jon hasn’t been cooked by Hendo, Weidman, Serra, McGregor etc. he hasn’t been soundly KO’ed, submitted and straight beaten up like the rest.

Even like the Maldonado and Hendricks decisions for Fedor and GSP were worse than the Reyes one. All these guys have looked wayyyy worse than Jon did in his uninspiring closer fights.

Haters gonna something.

Edit: also Reyes suffered the same stupid fate all Jone opponents do. Just because someone keeps it close against a low effort sparring Jon Jones doesn’t mean they’re the default second best.

Last edited:
The Jones Reyes fight is like the “worst Jon moment” people like to rally behind. Reyes ran and fought like a coward the second half of the fight. Even if you give him the close decision he didn’t look good in the championship rounds nor did he ever have Jon in any real danger outside of winning on points early on. The fight momentum was fairly down the middle and Dom tried to coast and evade while Jon turned up the pressure in the second half. I have no issue with anyone giving it to Reyes in a close one either.

Ny issue is this…….. even if you have Reyes winning this it would have been such a unsatisfying underwhelming loss comparatively (and people would have questioned the title change more outside of haters).

Jon still hasn’t have a moment like other GOATs. Like Fedor, Spider, Izzy, GSP, Leon, Aldo, Mighty Mouse, Cyborg, Amanda, Ronda, JJ, Zhang etc. Jon hasn’t been cooked by Hendo, Weidman, Serra, McGregor etc. he hasn’t been soundly KO’ed, submitted and straight beaten up like the rest.

Even like the Maldonado and Hendricks decisions for Fedor and GSP were worse than the Reyes one. All these guys have looked wayyyy worse than Jon did in his uninspiring closer fights.

Haters gonna something.
<BC1><BC1>

Back