Is doomsday prepping a waste of time and money?

Not at all. Like they say you can never be too prepared. However you might have some issues if you are obsessing over it and it's running your life

If you're not at least as prepared as the people who are in charge of keeping the status quo tell you.... https://www.ready.gov/

I think some prep is smart, but it is more for natural emergencies like hurricanes. I have duffel filled with first aid kit, blankets, water, canned goods, ramen, rprotein bars, flares, rope, small tent, flashlights, Firestarter, water, and multivitamins. I also have a breakdown papoose 22 rifle that fits in a small pouch. Good for rabbits, squirrels etc, maybe the occasional head/eye shot if necessary.

You can’t survive an apocalypse by being stationary

Raiders will destroy you

I think some prep is smart, but it is more for natural emergencies like hurricanes. I have duffel filled with first aid kit, blankets, water, canned goods, ramen, rprotein bars, flares, rope, small tent, flashlights, Firestarter, water, and multivitamins. I also have a breakdown papoose 22 rifle that fits in a small pouch. Good for rabbits, squirrels etc, maybe the occasional head/eye shot if necessary.
IMG_3001.jpeg

You can’t survive an apocalypse by being stationary

Raiders will destroy you
true, that's why you have a gun to wait it out a bit and buy you some time until you become the raider.

The Universe is chaos. Plan and prep but realize that shit may hit the fan while you're visiting family, on a work trip, or on vacation and miles away from your ration of food and water and stores of firearms and ammo.

Don't obsess over what bad thing can or may happen. That's the surest way to not enjoy life.

If doomsday arrives, do you want to go out like a lion or like a lamb sitting in a bunker with your thumb up your ass until your supplies run out?

If doomsday arrives, do you want to go out like a lion or like a lamb sitting in a bunker with your thumb up your ass until your supplies run out?

Bunkers work if you have surveillance watching all around for miles. People locate the bunkers guess what? You’re boxed trapped unless you have escape tunnel

It would really depend on the type of doomsday. If it is a quickly passing phenomena (few years max, enough survivors to keep the gene pool fresh, able to grow food) then it could pay off. If it is "outside world is uninhabitable for centuries" type of scenario then it is just prolonging the inevitable.
Yep.
I do have a couple of go bags in case of flooding or earthquake. But if it’s nuclear winter or something m, I’m just going to check out. Permanently.

If a legit apocalypse occurs very few people will want to continue living. No sanitation, lack of medical care, sub par food, etc.

Very few members of the population could live like that, much less thrive.
I think that this thread is telling. I think i have seen the word "medical" only 3 times. Your post, my post and another.
This confirms my belief that people underestimate medical hazard to laughable proportions.

My family and I, thank God, are healthy. Yet over the last 5 years, ALL of us have had to take antibiotics at some point. I think that people are not aware of the ravages that untreated bacterial infections can do. People are also unaware that in a shit hits the fan scenario, bacterial infections would skyrocket. Then in all their romanticised view of foraging, hunting and hand labor, people don't realise that injuries will occur more, especially for modern people who are not used to it. Watch how fun an open wound is when it gets infected because half your family has a gasgrointestinal infection from drinking crappy water and there is nobody with surgical training and basic equipment to fix your wound properly.

Of course it is more fun to look for deals on ammo and to go to the shooting range, though.

whoa I didn't know I was talking to the roommate of the guy who did the logo for a taco shop.

I see that the mods deleted one of your follow up posts which is a complete travesty because it was incredible. "... they sound Xtreme"

in my mind it was a 10/10 post and it should be honoured, not deleted.

just want to recognize greatness when I see it. I laughed out loud. well done.

I see that the mods deleted one of your follow up posts which is a complete travesty because it was incredible. "... they sound Xtreme"

in my mind it was a 10/10 post and it should be honoured, not deleted.

just want to recognize greatness when I see it. I laughed out loud. well done.
Greatness is rarely appreciated in its own time so thank you

With the way the world is going right now, I can understand it.

99.9% a waste of time and money. .01% it genius orcatvleast would start that way till an average sherdogger heard bout it an threw you out n kept it for himself.
Gives them peace of mind, but yeah I think so

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back