Is ESPN trying to clean up UFC's image and lose the WWE trash talk era?

TheLastStyleBender

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I notice that there is a shift and they are pushing fighters like Zhang, Israel and Khabib and not so hot on the trash talkers. They really are pushing this international sporting angle instead with the different countries being represented on the belts trying to build a cleaner image worldwide.

Is it? Look at the treatment guys like Colby and Conor getting recently.

I bet they would have loved Colby in the Sonnen era.

Israel's trash talk is pretty innocent and tongue and cheek compared to a guy like Colby. I'm not saying zero trash talk but I don't think they like the racist, hateful shit.

On the contrary, i believe it is cuz no one is currently GOOD at talking. Might as well focus overseas.

The marketing department is being given a relative few pennies to run with whatever ideas they have. WME doesn't have much to do while Conor and others are out.

They have treated Colby like dirt and totally shut Conor down even though he offered to fight in December going as far as to say he's not the man anymore.

They promote fighters who win.
Conor hasn't won a fight for 3 years and with Colby ok he wins but his fights are boring, promoting him as the fighter everyone wants to lose could work but then you've got nothing left when he loses to Usman.

I notice that there is a shift and they are pushing fighters like Zhang, Israel and Khabib and not so hot on the trash talkers. They really are pushing this international sporting angle instead with the different countries being represented on the belts trying to build a cleaner image worldwide.

izzy talks more trash than any one. that why jon jnoes is waiting to fight him next.

disney not controlling the ufc.

They have treated Colby like dirt and totally shut Conor down even though he offered to fight in December going as far as to say he's not the man anymore.

conor not offered any fights right now. he bigger problem is staying out of jail

If you use Colby as a measuring stick then you're fucked. He's not good at it, and Conor has a messy private life so nothing to do with ESPN.

izzy talks more trash than any one. that why jon jnoes is waiting to fight him next.

disney not controlling the ufc.
He talks more trash than Colby? Insanity. Israels trash talk is innocent and tongue and cheek by comparison. I think ESPN likes a bit of trash talk to sell fights but they are trying to reign in how far things have gone with some of the fighters and keep it classy. They want legitimate sports under their banner.

If you use Colby as a measuring stick then you're fucked. He's not good at it, and Conor has a messy private life so nothing to do with ESPN.
Outside of Colby and Conor there aren't really other trash talkers who push the boundaries of what is politically acceptable. Jones has a messy private life as well but they do everything they can for him.

Zhang is the first Chinese champion, so she'd always be pushed. UFC came to terms with the fact that Khabib isn't going to be losing for a long time and will beat all their stars like Conor, so they have to market him. Israel talks tons of trash.

You mean the ESPN is pushing their champions?

Jones is active as champions can be, what the fuck kind of reasoning is that? and there was never that many trash talkers pre WME either, so keep believing what you wanted to believe while some of us here living in a real world.

The next PPV is headlined by a ‘BMF’ title fight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back