Is Florida really a toilet?

Lived on the panhandle for a minute. Destin has the best swimming beaches. I prefer St. Pete/Tampa to the other coast.
Me too. Lived in Daytona and st Augustine on the east. West coast is better in general.

It's a weird state. Every county feels different. Some areas are full of nothing but old people/retirees. Some areas full of rednecks and trash. Some full of Cuban immigrants. Some full of tourists.

I like Florida but it's an odd state and it depends on where you go. I visited my grandparents in a little spot called Inglewood and it was really peaceful. Go 30 miles from there and that may not be the case.
Englewood*

Warning some parts of FL SUCK and you wouldn't expect it. The golf of Mexico Sucks you can't even swim in most parts, parts of the Atlantic Ocean are much better.
LOL What? Can't swim in the Gulf? The entire fucking Gulf coast is a beach. LOL Not sure where you were, but I assure you swimming is quite popular on Gulf beaches.
FL is like every other state, if you stay out of the big cities it's great. I love Florida, but I only visit the small retirement areas near the Gulf. But to live in these areas you need like fishing, drinking, golf, or a combination of them. There's not much else to do.

Siesta key and cocoa beach are the tits

Florida is on the bottom of the USA and shit flows downhill so you figure it out.

It's a weird state. Every county feels different. Some areas are full of nothing but old people/retirees. Some areas full of rednecks and trash. Some full of Cuban immigrants. Some full of tourists.

I like Florida but it's an odd state and it depends on where you go. I visited my grandparents in a little spot called Inglewood and it was really peaceful. Go 30 miles from there and that may not be the case.
Small world, I visit there every year, sometimes 3 times/year though usually just once/year since the kids are in school. It's a great little town, though gets a bit busy in the winter time.

LOL What? Can't swim in the Gulf? The entire fucking Gulf coast is a beach. LOL Not sure where you were, but I assure you swimming is quite popular on Gulf beaches.
FL is like every other state, if you stay out of the big cities it's great. I love Florida, but I only visit the small retirement areas near the Gulf. But to live in these areas you need like fishing, drinking, golf, or a combination of them. There's not much else to do.
Go to Tampa and find a "Beach" you won't find one, only a nasty bay. Clearwater has wonky ass beaches no waves.

You have to go south of Tampa where the Atlantic meets the Gulf. Also the Gulf has bacteria problems a lot of the time.

To each his own, I like the vibe of Clearwater better than done beaches in FL the space coast in particular.

But no way in hell does Clearwater have a better beach than Jupiter lol.

That article is probably propaganda after the massive oil spill. You constantly have to check for swimming advisories

To each his own, I like the vibe of Clearwater better than the space coast.

But no way in hell does Clearwater have a better beach than Jupiter lol.

That article is probably propaganda after the massive oil spill. You constantly have to check for swimming advisories
Definitely to each their own. People also like the warm water on the gulf. No waves, but it's better for swimming and boating. And the sun setting over the beach is generally liked more than watching the sunrise.

My in laws have a house in Ocala and that area seems decent.

Definitely to each their own. People also like the warm water on the gulf. No waves, but it's better for swimming and boating. And the sun setting over the beach is generally liked more than watching the sunrise.

Go to Key West and all the east/west coast arguments are settled.

Go to Key West and all the east/west coast arguments are settled.
Leave them homos out of it.....

I do like key west, but hate the isolation. All the bridges to get out there is a pain. Great scuba diving though.

Notable Floridians:

giphy.gif

latest

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/florida/famous-people-fl/

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/feature...-notorious-killers-20130329-photogallery.html

https://www.ranker.com/list/famous-people-from-florida/reference

Go to Tampa and find a "Beach" you won't find one, only a nasty bay. Clearwater has wonky ass beaches no waves.

You have to go south of Tampa where the Atlantic meets the Gulf. Also the Gulf has bacteria problems a lot of the time.
Umm, the Atlantic meets the Gulf down near the Keys. That's a loooong way from Tampa.

Too many different types

You got white trash

You got jocks college football fantastic wannabes

You got retired old worthless golfing type old white people

And then you have the whole Miami wannabe Cuban Latin pitbull Puerto Rican south beach fake asses and steroid junkies up in the clubs.

There’s a jersey shore reunion coming up in Miami that’s all you need to know.

So, you enjoy it because of it's cultural diversity?

^^ That's
something that's always overlooked in Florida news threads.

It has its good areas and it's bad parts. Sunny Isles Beach, Naples, West Palm, are all great areas and extremely diverse.

The hurricanes and the humidity suck but there's also no state income tax, reasonable cost of living and so on. It's not the best state or the worst, it's middle of the pack. There are definitely far worse states than this one.

Talk to me more about no state income tax?
Baring in mind I'm British we pay a lot in tax but it's way different over here
You still pay income tax... right?

Orlando sucks ass and has terrible food. Miami used to be cool but now it’s literaly Cuba North. And not nice Cuba. Mean, angry, dangerous Cuba. No American places really left...even the Hooters blasts Salsa music. South Beach is like one big Daddy Yankee video co starring Migos.
BUT....Key West is heaven on Earth and Jacksonville is developing a nightlife And culture.

Talk to me more about no state income tax?
Baring in mind I'm British we pay a lot in tax but it's way different over here
You still pay income tax... right?

Federal... no state. I moved from a place that had state and federal to Florida and when I got my first paycheck, I thought they miscalculated the tax because it was so low.

Back