Is Fury the GOAT if he beats Usyk?

Clearly not. I actually think he'll beat Usyk even though Usyk is a better boxer, by draping his 40 lbs heavier body on him for a few rounds so Usyk starts moving like he just finished a power lifting session before many punches are even thrown. It's very effective, but pretty hard to call someone as a goat candidate for leaning on much older or much smaller guys.

Im actually kinda counting on Fury to try that and for Usyk to be prepared to cut out first and counter or shifts with inside work

great jab. Versatility: can fight from both stances, fight and dance on the outside, and can chase you down on the inside. Probably the best big man to use feints
Larry Holmes and Ali had better jabs.
Again nobody is saying he's not skilled. But IMO putting an extra size qualifier on top of the weight class in general mixed with his thin resume doesn't make him the GOAT of the most prestigious division of all time. You can't get the GOAT status because you're the biggest guy ever to feint well plus a very good jab. That seems like a low bar for such a high title.

I acknowledge that he is more skilled than his haters will ever give him credit for. Or that he's not the gimmicky bum many of us thought he was when he first starting getting TV fights.

Legacy wise, no - he's not close. His CV is relatively light.
But H2H, he would be a good fight for anyone.
He got dropped by an MMA fighter.

Anyways Fury is about to take the asswhooping of his career. He does nothing better than AJ (maybe better chin but thats about it).

Another fallacy showing your bias. Floyd never stops training. He is far more disciplined. Which is why his physique never changes. He was two years removed from his paquiao fight and was losing rounds to Conor
Stating a fact is bias? Floyd was retired. This "only two years" shows bias and that's your argument. Two years out of the ring is a long time. Especially when you're already an old fighter. Floyd didn't train for Conor so you're also wrong on that. He was out at strip clubs and partying nonstop.

Fury can be the goat, but not by beating Usyk here… he still has some ways to go and not enough good opponents to prove it against. But if he dismantles Usyk easily, then humbles Joshua easily, along with everyone else, proving the Nganou fiasco was just that… then he can have a claim, but right now, fuck no

Not really. Tyson fury at his size and skill would give any heavyweight problems.
Tyson might be able to give any heavyweight ever problems given his physical attributes. Sure. But he's not the #1 HW all-time or even a highly rated HW ATG. He doesn't have the resume. Period.

Fury has been down like 8 times in his career. Yes, he gets up and marches on but it raises questions in respect to his HW alltime rank.

This loss will loom large.

Fury has been down like 8 times in his career. Yes, he gets up and marches on but it raises questions in respect to his HW alltime rank.

This loss will loom large.
He just got fucked up by a cruiserweight and dropped by am mma fighter. Even Iron Mike would have never lost to a prime Roy Jones or got dropped by Tank Abbot in a boxing match.

No matter the training and the circumstances surrounding the camp, the HW champion of the world should not be dropped and barely able to squek out a decision against 0-0 Francis Ngannou, I think his confidence took a huge L in that fight and after this one, I doubt he'll ever be the same again.

I'll put him as the P4P king, post the Floyd era.

He can build his resume at HW. Parker is not a huge HW & has got himself back in title contention. Hrgovic s still out there. Or the winner of Wilder/Zhang...But I think Usyk has mentioned leaning towards retirement if he collected all the belts.

If he wins tommorow you could even debate him over the Klitchkos in the all time HW rankings. But would probably need some names above for it to have real substance.

Potentially subject to change if Crawford beats Canelo. Or if the Monster beats Tank or any champ close to those weights.

As for Fury he will never touch GOAT status unless he fights AJ. His resume is thin. His best wins on paper were a fading over the hill Wlad in one of the ugliest fights of all time & a limited Wilder trilogy that he was battered severely in 2 of the 3. Long periods of inactivity. Testing issues. He doesn't deserve GOAT status if he beats a CW.
I agree with most of that, except for the comparison with either Klitschko. They both have losses. Usyk doesn't. Vitali lost to an out of shape pre-retirement Lewis which wasn't too bad but the rest of his resume is shite and Wlad had some terrible losses against guys he should have beat. Usyk so far has been flawless despite being undersized. I'd pick him to outbox both Klits and likely stop Wlad. And there are no HW's out there now that I wouldn't choose Usyk as favourite to beat.

At this age though I think Usyk will rematch Fury and call it a day. Shame he came to pro so late in the game.

I agree with most of that, except for the comparison with either Klitschko. They both have losses. Usyk doesn't. Vitali lost to an out of shape pre-retirement Lewis which wasn't too bad but the rest of his resume is shite and Wlad had some terrible losses against guys he should have beat. Usyk so far has been flawless despite being undersized. I'd pick him to outbox both Klits and likely stop Wlad. And there are no HW's out there now that I wouldn't choose Usyk as favourite to beat.

At this age though I think Usyk will rematch Fury and call it a day. Shame he came to pro so late in the game.
I'm saying I would rank Usyk over Vitali & Wlad at this point.
There is a rumor that when Usyk was Wlad's sparring partner he got kicked out for embarrassing Wlad in front of the press.

I'm saying I would rank Usyk over Vitali & Wlad at this point.
There is a rumor that when Usyk was Wlad's sparring partner he got kicked out for embarrassing Wlad in front of the press.
Reportedly the incident happened in 2015 when Wlad was preparing to fight Fury. Johnny Nelson was there and so were a couple others. At the time Johnny didn't even know who Usyk was. I just heard yesterday that if Usyk had lost to Fury that Wlad was going to come out of retirement and rematch Fury.

Back