Is Gastelum the biggest threat to Whittaker?

CalvilloRay

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I feel like it is such an even matchup. I think Whittaker is the middleweight GOAT. He beat Yoel on one leg, but I don’t really see exactly where he would dominate Gastelum. I feel like that’s a pretty dead even match up.

Nah The Guy Who beat Gastelum not too long ago is.

Tha Chris.

Whittaker isn't the best offensive wrestler, kinda like Aldo.

When he fights a better striker(like a wonderboy) he'll lose again.

He's lucky Moose left bc I think he'd lose to him

Yes, only MW who can match his stand up, if Weidman or Rockhold can't hold him down they'd get picked apart.

would be an Interesting fight, Kelvin is an underrated little boxer.

Definitely a winnable fight for him

Whittaker isn't the best offensive wrestler, kinda like Aldo.

When he fights a better striker(like a wonderboy) he'll lose again.

He's lucky Moose left bc I think he'd lose to him

Uriah Hall is a pretty elite striker for the most part. Whittaker didn’t have a problem there.

Weidman can beat any MW. He's shown it in every fight, even his losses.

Naw I think wh8iittaker handles him without too much trouble. Even though he already beat him I still feel like romero is his biggest threat just because of his speed and power. He could be losing the fight by a large margin then all it takes is one explosive instant for him to turn it around and his hand being raised

I'd say probably yes. Good cardio, iron chin, crisp boxing and really good power. Can definitly see Kelvin landing one of those left hands and dropping Whittaker. BUT i also think the Weidman matchup is pretty interesting. Chris has been able to take everyone down. His single leg in freaking beautiful. Would be interesting to see what would happen if Chris got on top of Rob.

Gastelum isn't close to Whittaker

He hasn't beaten anyone of amy relevance so far

I"d say Gegard would be the biggest threat, then Yoel still got a solid shot.

usa_today_9934567.0.jpg

Didn't Uriah knock out Mousasi? And don't bring in rematches either, otherwise I'll bring in Jacare lol

That's literally the only significant win of his entire career? Didn't Mousasi knock out Uriah. Didnt Brunson? Didn't Weidman? Didn't he almost get KOd by Jotko?

You realize there's a difference between having power and bring a high level striker right?

Would be interesting... Think Whitaker would get the finish in the end. But could happen after Romero rematch and maybe Weidman.

Back