Is Georges St-Pierre the greatest of all time?

Because I’m a cynic who believes that everyone is using to some degree, I base my opinion solely upon what I’ve seen these guys do in the cage. Based on that criteria, Jon Jones is the best fighter I’ve ever seen; no legitimate losses, no discernible weaknesses, underrated durability and an unparalleled ability to make adjustments on the fly.

I’d list GSP second in that he similarly has no discernible weakness and an A+ fight IQ.

good post, I just don´t like GSP because he plays it too safe most of the time. After Serra he became a points fighter.

In the context of the UFC; I've always wanted to believe it was Anderson Silva, in his prime he was amazing. I then admitted, maybe it's Jon Jones, and then, okay I have to agree that Jones is the GOAT... but then Jones tests positive again for steroids...

Georges St-Pierre comes back after four years, moves up a weight division and then beats the champion (who was a former light heavyweight) in his first fight... never tested positive for steroids and fought and beat bigger guys unlike Jon Jones.

Why do so many discount GSP in the discussion or rarely mention him?

I mean Joe Rogan may every now and then mention him but tends to focus on Silva and Jon 'Roids' Bones.

There are people who believes he is.
I do think he is the most technical, well rounded fighter in the UFC.

but he is not viewed by many because he is not flashy and he is averse to taking risks, so he just sticks to the game plan instead of finishing some opponents that quite frankly, gave up long time ago (i.e. one-eyed Koschek)..

That's why JJ and SIlva are at the top for many, though PED's and outside the cage antics brings them back into middle of the pack...

Fedor is the consensus (I think) because he ends fights while never been caught using PED's. His 10 years of dominance also helps him... then again, Pride and their odd fights hinders him; and recent losses did not help...

You can't be the GOAT if you lose three in a row, with one of them being a 40-year old MW, LMAO!!!

Yes, GSP is clearly the best. Dominance over the best division of all the goats.

Buddeh if you weren’t watching back then your eyes simply cannot possibly comprehend what is playing out on your screen. Back in 2005 videos worked differently then they do nowadays, you can’t trust your eyes to tell you what you’re seeing, you need a Pride fan to tell you what actually happened.

Pretty much.

I wasn't around when Muhammad Ali, Sonny Liston, Rocky Marciano, Sugar Ray Robinson or Joe Louis were in their primes. I suppose I need some self-righteous, sanctimonious old fart to tell why they would all beat any current boxer.

He only has two strikes with PEDs under USADA. And the first time was proven to be tainted dick pills.

The cocaine was pre usada and another even minor hiccup.

taking drugs is still taking drugs man. and why would he need dick pills cause I know peds can hurt a mans sex life or jon is lying yet again.

In the context of the UFC; I've always wanted to believe it was Anderson Silva, in his prime he was amazing. I then admitted, maybe it's Jon Jones, and then, okay I have to agree that Jones is the GOAT... but then Jones tests positive again for steroids...

Georges St-Pierre comes back after four years, moves up a weight division and then beats the champion (who was a former light heavyweight) in his first fight... never tested positive for steroids and fought and beat bigger guys unlike Jon Jones.

Why do so many discount GSP in the discussion or rarely mention him?

I mean Joe Rogan may every now and then mention him but tends to focus on Silva and Jon 'Roids' Bones.
He is the greatest point fighter of all time. If you count just wins and numbers he’s gotta be on top. If you watch the fights and count finishes and aggression and killer instinct then no.

I don't think you could make an MMA Mount Rushmore without GSP, Fedor fought A LOT of cans. Fedor lost to an ancient Dan Henderson. I would give the nod to Fedor still because I think he's clean and I think GSP isn't.

There are people who believes he is.
I do think he is the most technical, well rounded fighter in the UFC.

but he is not viewed by many because he is not flashy and he is averse to taking risks, so he just sticks to the game plan instead of finishing some opponents that quite frankly, gave up long time ago (i.e. one-eyed Koschek)..

That's why JJ and SIlva are at the top for many, though PED's and outside the cage antics brings them back into middle of the pack...

Fedor is the consensus (I think) because he ends fights while never been caught using PED's. His 10 years of dominance also helps him... then again, Pride and their odd fights hinders him; and recent losses did not help...

If by "not viewed by many" you mean winning the latest goat polls then yeah.

I think if it was for Conor and goat threads being posted every 2 hours, this forum would be a fucking ghost town

If by "not viewed by many" you mean winning the latest goat polls then yeah.
Dumbass, please let your fucking bias out if you want people to not think you are so fucking dumb.

I mean, even an idiot like you can realise that less than half think he is GOAT in 99% of those pools.
That means the majority thinks he is not for one reason or another.

Dumbass, please let your fucking bias out if you want people to not think you are so fucking dumb.

I mean, even an idiot like you can realise that less than half think he is GOAT in 99% of those pools.
That means the majority thinks he is not for one reason or another.

He doesn't have majority but so does all other goat contenders. He's the one getting the most votes though. Calling me a dumbass cause you can't read a poll heh.

Yes, nobody has fought better competition.

Fedor was great but also fought some serious cans

Back