Is Gustafsson honestly getting the next title shot over Machida/Hendo winner?

Jay Jay

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Who would you like to see challenge the winner of Jones and Sonnen:
Alexander Gustafsson or Lyoto Machida/Dan Henderson winner?

Personally I'd much rather see the winner of Machida/Hendo get a crack at it. Gustafsson could use one more fight.

I don't even think Gus' mom thinks he can win against Bones.

I would like to see Machida or Gus get it.

Jones-Gus is like the only intriguing match left at LHW. Maybe Jones-Glover too..

If there's a finish during Lyoto/Dan then they will probably go first.

Gus for sure, much more exciting then an old Hendo and a already beaten Machida. Gus gets worked on the ground by Jones though.

I'd rather see Gus-Jones than Machida-Jones or Hendo-Jones, though they all get destroyed.

It wouldn't be the first time Dana has changed his mind.

Gus's management would be smart to keep he away from Jones for at least another year or two. Good for Gus, Jones and builds excitement for the fight.

Gus for sure, much more exciting then an old Hendo and a already beaten Machida. Gus gets worked on the ground by Jones though.

Yes I think Gus loses but it will be more competitive than Machida or Hendo. Hendo is too slow, too old, not enough gas. Machida doesn't have the chin he will get dropped and tkoed/subbed
Machida would need to fight a perfect fight to win against Jones.

Gus's management would be smart to keep he away from Jones for at least another year or two. Good for Gus, Jones and builds excitement for the fight.

His striking is great. He would've finished shogun if he had five rounds like jones did. He eating up jjs resume. Any pushing back of the fight is for jones benefit.

People are not curious to see Jones fight someone his age and size for the first time in the UFC?

Back