Is it possible to cook a steak in an oven that actually tastes good?

I guess I effectively cook a steak in the oven when i do it on the Weber, so yes it's definitely possible.

I've never been sure why reverse sear is better than searing first to be honest.

It's about drying out the outer layer, with an even cook throughout, that helps create a better maillard reaction. When you have moisture on the outside you subtly steam the outside. The more dry the outside layer is, the better for searing.

It's about drying out the outer layer, with an even cook throughout, that helps create a better maillard reaction. When you have moisture on the outside you subtly steam the outside. The more dry the outside layer is, the better for searing.

Seems legit, cheers. I haven't really done tests on either way but everyone swears by reverse sear so that's what I do.

Yes. I agree with this post. Good info.

Yes, bro. Sear the sides quick to lock in the goodness and then toss it in the oven. Actually surprisingly good.

Yep, this. Salt it liberally.

And if you want to kick it up a notch, fire some fresh rosemary, crushed garlic cloves and unsalted butter into the pan and spoon baste it.

De-licious.

Back