Is it really pointless to travel to other countries all the time to just focus on training?

I just meant a few wrestling lessons. maybe you could have a friend do it with you so you could pay together. Muay thai is great for muay thai but for mma I think boxing is alot more straight forward.

Yeah it is, but its better to mix the 2. I think that hiring a wrestling coach might be a little too much money for a few lessons, and i have had some bad luck because yesterday, my car got towed and now i have to get it out of the impound and that shit is going to cost a lot of money, and wrestling is something i've wanted to do, that was the reason i was going to go to russia.

I wouldn't say pointless, but not entirely necessary. I personally think it's better to bring in people of the opponents specific skill set granted you already have found success if the gym you reside in.

Yeah it is, but its better to mix the 2. I think that hiring a wrestling coach might be a little too much money for a few lessons, and i have had some bad luck because yesterday, my car got towed and now i have to get it out of the impound and that shit is going to cost a lot of money, and wrestling is something i've wanted to do, that was the reason i was going to go to russia.
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time man. Maybe you should go to the grappling forum and ask some tips for finding a good wrestling coach? I think if you and a friend came up with 60 dollars between the two of you, you could get a wrestling dude to show you some stuff and do some drills with you.

as for mixing boxing and muay thai, that in my experience is tough. Its hard enough to get very good at either one. even a guy like jose aldo pretty much only uses roundhouses. If you understand kicking range, defense and mechanics I would say that is enough for mma. If you get great at boxing you would be a big advantage.

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time man. Maybe you should go to the grappling forum and ask some tips for finding a good wrestling coach? I think if you and a friend came up with 60 dollars between the two of you, you could get a wrestling dude to show you some stuff and do some drills with you.

as for mixing boxing and muay thai, that in my experience is tough. Its hard enough to get very good at either one. even a guy like jose aldo pretty much only uses roundhouses. If you understand kicking range, defense and mechanics I would say that is enough for mma. If you get great at boxing you would be a big advantage.

Lol i already mixed it in with my muay thai, but its my own style thats still in development, my striking style is a mixture of muay thai, boxing, a little 52 blocks and wing chun, and sanda. Its not that hard when you've been training for a while.

Back