Is it time for Lawler to hang them up?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I´m just grateful for Lawler for giving us some the greatest battles we´ve seen in MMA.

200.gif

p8u7kvI.gif

And I´m a big fan of the guy. But all those wars will take a toll in his health.

“The guy’s leg was destroyed. Okay? Blew his ACL and his meniscus and every other thing that’s in your knee out in like the third round. Wobbled over to the fence, laid against it, and asked dos Anjos to come in so that they could just bang it out. Robbie Lawler went to the fifth round.”

Thoughts?

I think he still got a few more miles in him, like to see him take some time off recover and give it another go. Either way, he is a legend and true warrior that doesn't have to prove anything.

Yeah been on the decline for a while, the signs were there since the Condit fight, should have just retired after getting that controversial decision.

I´m just grateful for Lawler for giving us some the greatest battles we´ve seen in MMA.

200.gif

p8u7kvI.gif

And I´m a big fan of the guy. But all those wars will take a toll in his health.

“The guy’s leg was destroyed. Okay? Blew his ACL and his meniscus and every other thing that’s in your knee out in like the third round. Wobbled over to the fence, laid against it, and asked dos Anjos to come in so that they could just bang it out. Robbie Lawler went to the fifth round.”

Thoughts?

Everyone wanted Lawler to retire after he lost to Larkin.

Everyone wanted Lawler to retire after he lost to Larkin.
But how much more damage has he accumulated since then? And he´s almost 36, imagine how long his knee is gonna take to heal..... ACL, meniscus? That´s some serious injuries right there.

Money fights only, at WW or MW. He doesn't need to be a stepping stone for any young bucks or for anyone's route to the title

Love to see him back at MW against Bisping/Lyoto/Silva or WW against Condit/Hendricks/GSP/Diaz

He can make at least 1 million dollars till retiring,a lot of fans cant realize but these guys makes money by fighting they dont fight for legacy or have fun they fight for food...

200.gif

p8u7kvI.gif

Thoughts?
usada. when this was introduced he became mediocre lawler. feel sorry for rory.

No. Not yet. Give him another fight or two. Then we'll know.

it is kindof borderline sacrilegious to ask for a old school JBG warrior to hang up his gloves.

Nah he looked good against Cerrone despite it being close. Lets see him fight again methinks. The guy's a warrior

No, but I'd like to see fun match ups for him. Guys that'll stand and bang with him, no grapple fuckers (and I'm a huge grappling fan).

Don't think it's quite that time yet for Lawler. Unfortunately for his style of fighting (heavy on the offense- neglectful of his defense), itll be one of those situations where one day he just starts to take cage naps from shots that he recently took with no issues

I say yes.

Look back at his last good run and a lot of it was smoke and mirrors, razor thin decisions and very late comebacks. Not trying to dismiss his excellence but it wasn't quite as epic as some would lead you to believe. Definitely a warrior, one of Just Bleed god's angels.

Time for Robbie to hit Bellator or Rizin.

Robbie looked like a world beater a few years back. It comforts me to know he made that champ money relatively recently so can live easily once he hangs em up, but his performances haven’t been spectacular of late. Can you imagine if he fought Wonderboy at this point?

Lawler has the prestigious unofficial record for being hit in the head the most...what a tough MF!
War Welterweights

Back