Is it worth trying to find love again in your 40s?

Kind of? Good shit is taken and what is left is scarred by divorce or just to goofed up to get married in the first place.

I agree somewhat. It is much harder to be successful in that area again at that age. I know… Though there are still other options that grow as well. Younger women genuinely attracted to older, stable men. Widows who are not really single because of bad relationships or damage. And some others. It’s still better to try again than possibly being lonely and miserable for 40 more years or so. It all depends on the person. If they truly want someone again, I wouldn’t attempt to dissuade them with horror stories.

I'm 41 and to be honest, I'd be shocked if I end up with someone now. It's not due to libido or looks, it's because at this age you're either looking at someone much younger which is highly unlikely unless you're a 10 and/or wealthy. Or, 'damaged goods' - someone divorced, single mothers etc. Not someone I'd be bothered with committing to. I've made peace with it.

in France? what?
Of course would be problematic in France. Socially would be awkward. Of course it happens and it‘s not the end of the world but to brush it off as an American obsession is blatantly wrong in the case of France and Germany.

Of course would be problematic in France. Socially would be awkward. Of course it happens and it‘s not the end of the world but to brush it off as an American obsession is blatantly wrong in the case of France and Germany.
i dunno man. maybe we know different types of people.

Let's say you suddenly become single again in your 40s, is it worth it trying to find love again or would your time be better served pursuing other things?
In your 40s looking for love? Of course you shouldn’t be. Nobody needs a relationship after 40. You’re about to die, and should be focused on making sure your will is in order. Just do everything you can to secure the future of your loved ones after you’re gone.

Last edited:
I agree somewhat. It is much harder to be successful in that area again at that age. I know… Though there are still other options that grow as well. Younger women genuinely attracted to older, stable men. Widows who are not really single because of bad relationships or damage. And some others. It’s still better to try again than possibly being lonely and miserable for 40 more years or so. It all depends on the person. If they truly want someone again, I wouldn’t attempt to dissuade them with horror stories.

Don't kid yourself or female hypergamy.

You and I likely will die before her and women love money. Look at the abundance og ass pics online.

I am dating minimum 7yrs + or younger. If 40, I would go 10-15 but know what's up.<Moves>

Get sick she's out getting her chit pushed in. I heard about a guy's terminal cancer diagnosis and his wife much younger was out swallowing proteins

Don't kid yourself or female hypergamy.

You and I likely will die before her and women love money. Look at the abundance og ass pics online.

I am dating minimum 7yrs + or younger. If 40, I would go 10-15 but know what's up.<Moves>

Get sick she's out getting her chit pushed in. I heard about a guy's terminal cancer diagnosis and his wife much younger was out swallowing proteins
Why say I'm kidding myself? I am fully aware of how females tend to operate. Only male in a house of females. Just saying that there are opportunities out there still, that involve decent people. Saying they are doomed to failure is just not true, and makes everyone apathetic to healthy relationships that might evolve.

Ole Pete is a hopeless romantic, I'll never be too old for love

never been more ture now that all them dicks pills out there.

60 year old dudes tearing up Thailand and the Philipines like never before.

I think I'd have an easy time finding a girlfriend.

The problem would be finding one that doesn't have kids.

I think I'd rather just be single honestly. I've never lived as a single dude before, I went straight from my parents house to living with girlfriends to getting married to one.

I would just try being alone for a bit. I might enjoy it.

I am not saying it isn't worthwhile to not to try but you likely are going to need to make much more of an effort to meet more people and reduce your expectations. People have it in their head that I"ll just date a 20 year old or whatever and forget that a 20 year old likely is not at all interested in someone who is 52 years old.

I am not saying it isn't worthwhile to not to try but you likely are going to need to make much more of an effort to meet more people and reduce your expectations. People have it in their head that I"ll just date a 20 year old or whatever and forget that a 20 year old likely is not at all interested in someone who is 52 years old.
Well yes, that is absolutely true. Though expectations in dating at all ages now is insane. From incels to OF gals. All seemingly want it all while not giving anything. Seems like so many are living in fantasy land.

If you are single at 40, you better have some realistic expectations. That isn't necessarily a bad thing to me though. Just natural. You have to play the cards you're dealt.

Well yes, that is absolutely true. Though expectations in dating at all ages now is insane. From incels to OF gals. All seemingly want it all while not giving anything. Seems like so many are living in fantasy land.

If you are single at 40, you better have some realistic expectations. That isn't necessarily a bad thing to me though. Just natural. You have to play the cards you're dealt.

Nothing is more delusional of their attractiveness than a recently divorced middle age man.

Nothing is more delusional of their attractiveness than a recently divorced middle age man.
I would switch the genders around, quite honestly... There is a reason less women get in relationships after 40 than men. Hell, look at the insane amount of content out there where 40 year old women are asking for the world, and not understanding why it isn't happening for them. Just my opinion. Not trying to start a "who sucks most" argument. Thanks for your insight.