is it worth watching the one piece cartoon on netflix?

F1980

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I just finished watching the final episode of One Piece and now when Im on netflix, its showing me the cartoon which I heard has over a thousand episodes

I dont want to get 5 years for the next live action season. I'll be dead of old age before they catch up to the cartoon

Im thinking of starting up the cartoon version to see what happens next

Netflix only has the first like 300 or so. I looked into it. It's like 20+ years of anime plus movies and the manga isn't even done. The creator think it will be finished in 5 more years.

Yeah fuck that. Go watch Gundam Wing. 50 episodes. Then 1 movie. Then done.

I just finished watching the final episode of One Piece and now when Im on netflix, its showing me the cartoon which I heard has over a thousand episodes

I dont want to get 5 years for the next live action season. I'll be dead of old age before they catch up to the cartoon

Im thinking of starting up the cartoon version to see what happens next

Each episode of the cartoon is like 20 minutes so there is like only 400 hours of toons.

I watched like 3 episodes of the Netflix show and there are a lot of characters they just totally leave out and they change things up a lot. Basically it's not 100% true to the original in how things happen, it's very different.

I watched like 3 episodes of the Netflix show and there are a lot of characters they just totally leave out and they change things up a lot. Basically it's not 100% true to the original in how things happen, it's very different.
@Fengxian loves the live action series. He appreciates how Ntlanhla Morgan Kutu embodies the spirit of Lucky Roux.

Are there giant anime tiddies in it?

I'm not really into pirates.

Are there giant anime tiddies in it?

I'm not really into pirates.
one-piece-anime.gif

Yeah and then go buy ramen or a poke bowl after and pick up Japanese for dummies on the way home

It's pretty great up untill the timeskip, but watch the edited version called One Pace. The regular anime has a lot of filler and drawn out scenes, flashbacks and reaction shots as it's been a weakly release for two decades. It's unwatchable past a certain point. The One Pace version cuts all that out and follows the manga more accurately. Far superior pacing wise.

https://onepace.net/about

How much did you enjoy the live action? If you did and you're invested in the storyline/characters already, yes its definitely worth it.

Think of how much time we waste looking for a good series or movie on streaming platforms. Its rare to find something well written.

One piece looks very silly on the surface, and if its not your thing i get it, but one thing you can't deny is its very well written. I'd rather watch this than 95% of the content on netflix these days.

Goes without saying when there’s like 1000 plus episodes of the animated version that they’re going to have to condense things a little for the live action

As someone who’s into the animated stuff I can at least say this live action show was well done, decently written, solid character development, nice cinematography and so on. It’s a quality show with a really wild personality

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back