Is Izzy a boring fighter ?

Champs have a lot to lose and hence most fight safe (aka try to get a decision and bounce). Its only in rare cases where the opponents style works in their favour and they get a finish.

His fights more often then not are exceptionally boring. I probably wouldn’t mind if he didn’t talk up how much more exciting he will be each fight.
Thanks. Legit thought I was just a filthy casual for a minute.

He's only exciting against guys that run forward with their chin up or manlet welterweights that are 6 inches smaller than him

Yes. Romero, Jan, Vettori, Whittaker II, and so far tonight has been boring. 5/6 fights have been lacklustre with only the Costa fight being entertaining

Yes, very.

He knows he can stand on the outside and avoid any real risk while landing just enough to win so unless pushed, that’s exactly what he does.

He’s dangerous to lunge in on though, very tall for MW mw and uses range well along with his good fight IQ. If you come at him aggressively like Whittaker did, you will probably get countered.

He’s very high level and dudes respect it too much for most of his fights to be exciting. I wish he would push the pace more though because he’s a dynamic striker who could do so much better than just fight not to lose. He gave that “dare to be great” speech which I liked after he went up to 205 but the dude won’t even dare pushing the pace in like any of his fights. Boring.

I look forward to what nickname TheWrassler gives him

YES he is boring as shit. Honestly no matter how much Rogan tries to jerk him off it doesn't change this fact.

Izzy engaged vs Gastelum and got fucked up, and he decided never to do so again. Now he needs his opponents to bum rush him or he doesn't do anything.

Imagine actually paying to watch this garbage.

Back