Is Jailton the first truly Invincible mma fighter? Never seen anyone take ALL his opponents down AT WILL and not letting them getting up at all

And so begins the "Sherdog Cycle" for another fighter.

Step 1. Early believers/doubters
Step 5. He was never that good and fought weak competition

He’s not invincible. I think he’ll have a Demian Maia type of career. He’ll beat a lot of guys with jiu jitsu, but he’ll also lose to the top guys.

He reminds me a bit of Cain Velasquez on the come-up. The skills aren't an exact match, but the ease with which he's blowing through every successive test is similarly scary.

Did you even watch the fight BB got up at least a couple of times..

<bball1>

Jailton is one of the most boring lay-n-pray fighters on the roster right now. I hope Blaydes wrecks him.

His control is really good but I think he has the standard big man BJJ game. He is more athletic than most HWs and can still shoot a takedown. I think he has big issues if he can't secure the takedown. The other aspects of his game are really suspect.

It's the HW division, that is all that is need to be said.

The Lewis fight was a stinker but Jailton absolutely dominated. Blaydes fight will tell us a lot. Have a feeling blaydes beat him though

Blades beats and finishes him easy imo. So no, not invincible in the slightest. Blades has the better wrestling.
Blaydes has better wrestling. Almeida might have smarter wrestling though.

Tuivasa was top 5 for ducks sake.
It’s pretty sad man that a fighter like that can sleep the elite of the division. But to be fair, boxing is no better with Fury needing a robbery to beat Ngannou.

Tom finishes him within two.

It’s pretty sad man that a fighter like that can sleep the elite of the division. But to be fair, boxing is no better with Fury needing a robbery to beat Ngannou.
It's not sad, I just think no one at HW has been skilled since Cormier now Jones. The past 7years, HW fighters has relied on KO power, Almeida and Aspinsll are literally the new "old" breed. Fighters like Tuivasa & Lewis legit are not good and has held the HW evolution at a stagnant area where only KO power exist.

I'm glad free HW division has skilled fighters at the moment.

Back