is Khamzat the most "goalpost-moved" fighter ever?

I don't see what the organization preventing him from fighting in this country has to do with this thread (which is about goalpost moving)

Not everyone said that, no. Many (myself included) said Kamaru (best TDD in the sport at the time) was a bigger challenge than Costa (not the best TDD in the sport).

Again, I get that the fight is over so now is the time to shit on Kamaru and say "lol never that good" and all that garbage.

... and wins. A guy who beats every top 5 person (champs included) is not overrated. But keep that energy / give him his props if he beats Rob instead of tossing Rob in the trash afterwards like many did with Burns and Kamaru
Short notice Usman coming off two losses and moving up a weight class was a bigger challenge ?

The problem was that Khamzat only looked dominant in the first round and short camp Usman was looking stronger as the fight went on and I believe could beat him in a five rounder.

I don't see what the organization preventing him from fighting in this country has to do with this thread (which is about goalpost moving)

Not everyone said that, no. Many (myself included) said Kamaru (best TDD in the sport at the time) was a bigger challenge than Costa (not the best TDD in the sport).

Again, I get that the fight is over so now is the time to shit on Kamaru and say "lol never that good" and all that garbage.

... and wins. A guy who beats every top 5 person (champs included) is not overrated. But keep that energy / give him his props if he beats Rob instead of tossing Rob in the trash afterwards like many did with Burns and Kamaru

You were in the vast minority on those opinions. Most everyone was saying Khamzat was going to run through Usman.

I've honestly never seen anything like this.

BEFORE: "He will be exposed the second he fights someone towards the top of the division. So much hype"
THEN: *steamrolls Li without taking one hit*
AFTER: "lol Li sucks"

BEFORE: "He will be exposed. Finally he is fighting a real WW!"
THEN: *beats top 3 Burns who is a stylistic nightmare in a FOTY*
AFTER: "lol Burns is a LW and should have won"

BEFORE: "He will be exposed. Kevin is the true fighter of 2020 not Khamzat."
THEN: *steamrolls Kevin without taking one hit*
AFTER: "lol Kevin sucks"

BEFORE: "He will be exposed. Kamaru is so much better. Khamzat has no way to win."
THEN: *one fight removed from an extremely close WW title fight, long-time dominant WW champ with the best TDD in the whole UFC gets soundly outgrappled for the first time in his life / loses decision*
AFTER: "lol Kamaru sucks / is a WW / lol he has no knees / he is 80 years old"

BEFORE: "He will be exposed. Finally he is fighting a real MW!"
THEN: *Costa pulls out*
AFTER: "lol Khamzat doesn't fight!"

MY GUESS "THEN": Khamzat wins vs the former MW champ / top 5 MW figher / stylistic nightmare
MY GUESS "AFTER": "lol Rob sucks / he was a WW / he is 80 years old"

I know haters have existed since the sport began but I've never seen so much goal-post-moving for a single fighter in the sport's history. Can you think of anything in MMA history that rivals this level of psychosis or shameless goalpost moving?
Not sure why you apply what some one may have said as what the majority were saying.

1. Everyone was impressed how he manhandled Li

2. He is a MW/WW tweener and he should have lost to a WW/LW tweener. That is a guy literally 1 division smaller and Khamzat, who claims he will kill everyone nearly lost.

3. Nobody said Holland would beat him as the fight happened with ZERO notice. That ocurred because Khamzat very unprofessionally missed weight by 8 lbs.

4. Usman came off the couch and on 11 days notice nearly beat him and in a 5 rounder like would have.

5. Coasta is the Brazilian Khamzat, both have great potential but both talk far too much, fight far too infrequently.

6. The Rob fight will be very interesting. I am rooting for Rob but could easily see Khamzat taking it.

Don't apply what the most ludicrous Sherdogger posts as the opinions of all.

Nice straw man. There was a popular thread on here with people guessing on how many minutes in the 1st round Usman would last against Khamzat. He was a betting favorite against all those guys. Almost 2-1 against Usman and anywhere from 4-1 to 6-1 favorite over Li, Burns, and Holland.

Short notice Usman coming off two losses and moving up a weight class was a bigger challenge ?

The problem was that Khamzat only looked dominant in the first round and short camp Usman was looking stronger as the fight went on and I believe could beat him in a five rounder.
Or in a 3 rounder with a full camp. OP is out of touch with reality or has a terrible memory. Everyone was saying Khamzat was going to finish Usman easily and early then most people had it 29-27 or 28-28.

I and many people were saying Costa was a tougher match up than Usman before the fight as well since he was a proven top 10 level MW with better striking than Usman, more power and still very good TDD plus much bigger and stronger and still in his prime. He's trying to represent these opinions as the majority when it's far from it.

Dude fought 2 legit fighters an it could be argued he lost or drawed both . I have yet to this,world beater he is billed as . I guess if he beats an on the slide Whitsker his fans will say he's better thsn Andy.

Yes. Kamaru is a better striker, better wrestler, more heart, more cardio than Costa. I said this before and will still say it now.

Bizarre to me that Kamaru is considered "two losses" (both title fights fresh off the most dominant reign this last decade) and somehow lower than Costa... who is 1-3 in his last four only one of which was a title fight where he got demolished.

But that is sort of a different topic. I say "sort of" because the fact he lost to Khamzat is I believe the only reason he is being tossed into the trash to the extent that he is now.

Exactly TS. Regardless of what Khamzat accomplishes they will find new ways to discredit him

Or in a 3 rounder with a full camp. OP is out of touch with reality or has a terrible memory. Everyone was saying Khamzat was going to finish Usman easily and early then most people had it 29-27 or 28-28.

I and many people were saying Costa was a tougher match up than Usman before the fight as well since he was a proven top 10 level MW with better striking than Usman, more power and still very good TDD plus much bigger and stronger. He's trying to represent these opinions as the majority when it's far from it.
Even an on tbe slide Usman with a full camp beats Khazmat unless he fixes his cardio issues.

I've honestly never seen anything like this.

BEFORE: "He will be exposed the second he fights someone towards the top of the division. So much hype"
THEN: *steamrolls Li without taking one hit*
AFTER: "lol Li sucks"

BEFORE: "He will be exposed. Finally he is fighting a real WW!"
THEN: *beats top 3 Burns who is a stylistic nightmare in a FOTY*
AFTER: "lol Burns is a LW and should have won"

BEFORE: "He will be exposed. Kevin is the true fighter of 2020 not Khamzat."
THEN: *steamrolls Kevin without taking one hit*
AFTER: "lol Kevin sucks"

BEFORE: "He will be exposed. Kamaru is so much better. Khamzat has no way to win."
THEN: *one fight removed from an extremely close WW title fight, long-time dominant WW champ with the best TDD in the whole UFC gets soundly outgrappled for the first time in his life / loses decision*
AFTER: "lol Kamaru sucks / is a WW / lol he has no knees / he is 80 years old"

THEN: *Costa pulls out*
AFTER: "lol Khamzat doesn't fight!"

MY GUESS "THEN": Khamzat wins vs the former MW champ / top 5 MW figher / stylistic nightmare
MY GUESS "AFTER": "lol Rob sucks / he was a WW / he is 80 years old"

I know haters have existed since the sport began but I've never seen so much goal-post-moving for a single fighter in the sport's history. Can you think of anything in MMA history that rivals this level of psychosis or shameless goalpost moving?
"He will be exposed. Kevin is the true fighter of 2020 not Khamzat."

Interesting... I don't remember anyone picking Holland to win that one.

Kamaru was on short notice towards the end of his career after two straight losses.

If he beats Whittaker after a proper camp no-one can question if he is legit or not.

Dude fought 2 legit fighters an it could be argued he lost or drawed both . I have yet to this,world beater he is billed as . I guess if he beats an on the slide Whitsker his fans will say he's better thsn Andy.

I don't think Whittaker is necessarily on the slide, he looked very good against Costa who also looked about as good as he ever has. Izzy is just a bad match up for him and DDP is a new young beast that has a skillset that I can't remember anyone having at MW in a long ass time and is very unpredictable.

I don't like him, not a monster, pet of a dictator and war criminal, no head movement, reckless, lucky he is young, not GOAT material, will eventually get humbled, Rob has a lot of mileage but can pull it off. I hope Khamzat loses.

He is a good fighter, but he really is still unproven. He has had close fights with welterwieghts twice now, and other guys have neaten the guys he did in more dominant fashion.

I dont wanna crap on either Burns or Usman, they are both very good wins. I just dont think eitger performance screams "future dominant champ" and tbh I think Robert will beat him up and win a UD.

Just being conservative here so crow doesn't have to be eaten. :D
lol, as long as someone isn't crazy inaccurate in their pick people tend not to worry about that stuff. Like i'm not going to say he's going to wreck Khamzat but I think it's more likely that he wins a decision or gets a late finish than Khamzat winning.

I don't think Whittaker is necessarily on the slide, he looked very good against Costa who also looked about as good as he ever has. Izzy is just a bad match up for him and DDP is a new young beast that has a skillset that I can't remember anyone having at MW in a long ass time and is very unpredictable.
Oh he's still high level but not the fighter that beat Yoel twice.

He gets past the rd 1 I like his chances alot

Back