Is Latifi's quillotine scarier than Werdoom's?

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
His squeeze must be beastly.

<30>

Cyrille_Diabat__vs._Ilir_Latifi.gif

owTllXwZTGD1jYae-vP6VASCBQyzNr0HJIUFeFCOGQc.jpg

It's definitely good, but OSP was rocked as hell going into it and there was a late stoppage so it's hard to say.

He had OSP rocked from strikes first. He is strong and I am sure he has a good guillotine but Werdum was a world BJJ champion. So probably no.

I think being built like a tree stump has a lot to do with how effective that guillotine is. He was also an international wrestler, right?

That dude deadlifts crazy fucking weight. Almost thought he was gonna break osp's neck

I'm sure he has a hell of a squeeze, and good technique. But Werdum is a BJJ world champ who choked out Cain Velasquez.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Werdum's probably got a "better" guillotine.

Yes, the scariest guillotine/choke artist ever is Marcelo Garcia, correct...and it has very little to do with strength.

Last edited:
Those deadlifts are impressive but have little to do with the actual choke, it's obviously technique and arm strength that play a factor

Ilir does have a great one no doubt, and as mentioned by other posters in the thread his build helps,naturally; so compact and strong, coupled with his technique;...dayyum Daniel. That being said, as mentioned as well, he had OSP rattled, his brain was most likely in the process of unscrambling them eggs while the lock was applied so...

Yes, the scariest Guillotine/xhoke artist ever is Marcelo Garcia, correct...and it has very little to do with strength.

Dirty....so sick.

Latifi's guillotine only looked that good because OSP was out on his feet, its a lot easier to finish someone with a sub when they're hurt.

Maybe in terms of power, Werdum is all technique.
Being a bjj practitioner for many years I'll tell you there's no such a thing as "all technique", strength plays a massive role and I'm sure Werdum is crazy strong too

Ilir has been grappling with some of the best BJJ guys in the world and done well, I think his guillotine is on par with Werdum's. He's obviously not as skilled grappler but definitely stronger.

Back