Is MICHAEL BISPING a Hall of Famer

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Dude had always seemed overrated to me. Most of his wins came over fighters past their prime and before that he best win was Chung Le. His record isn't legendary but I always here UFC acting like he was the greatest champion of all time but I never be able to see when this guy actually ruled a Division and cleaned it out. So does his records make him a Hall of Famer.

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Michael-Bisping-10196

Considering there's no real criteria for UFC HOF I'd say he definitely is

First big UK star, was generally only beaten by the best of the best, campaigned for the Silva fight for years, finally got it and won. Won the belt in one of the most exciting upsets of all time, and defended it against the guy who flatlined him years earlier.

For sure, without question...

Not in a hall of fame with any credibility.

Dude was a popular fighter with a big personality who touched gold in the twilight of his career.

There was no hall of fame credible run, title defences and was a big pay per view star that transcended the sport. Winning gold and starring in TUF doesn't make a hall of famer.

You need to be great to be in the hall of fame.

Bisping had one great moment but he was never great.

His record looks a lot better when you take into account the fact that he won a world title only one fully functional eye

KO'd by Gastelum left hand --> Blind side
Dropped by GSP left hook (then subbed of course) -->blind side
Dropped by Rockhold left high kick (then Subbed) --> ....

Tim Kennedy didn't really fight him, just outwrestled him.

Losses to Sonnen (PEDs,) TRT-tor Belfort (also PEDs,) Henderson (TRT,) Rashad Evans was so close that White called out the decision in the post fight presser even with Rashad sitting right there (thought that wasn't cool at the time.)

Dude deserves love for his body of work; and also never popped as far as I remember.

Dude had always seemed overrated to me. Most of his wins came over fighters past their prime and before that he best win was Chung Le. His record isn't legendary but I always here UFC acting like he was the greatest champion of all time but I never be able to see when this guy actually ruled a Division and cleaned it out. So does his records make him a Hall of Famer.

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Michael-Bisping-10196
100% a hall of famer. one of the best ever

Back