Is MICHAEL BISPING a Hall of Famer

Season 3 tuf champ, massive body of work with way more wins than losses. And one of the most memorable and inspirational title wins in the sports history, on top of being the very first and currently still only british champion. Worthy in my eyes. A hall of fame isn't meant to only consider people who are in the goat conversation.

Last edited:
Stupid questions don't deserve an answer

Mate, Mask Lewis is a UFC Hall of Famer, who gives a shit?

If MMA was boxing Bisping would be a fighter in the 1920’s. In a sports infancy an athlete doesn’t need to be that good to be remembered as a great.

I think Bisping has the greatest story in all of MMA. Eternal gatekeeper nobody ever would have said hed win the title. But he never stopped trying. Was the victim of one of the most brutal knockouts in the history of the sport to Dan, avenged that loss. Got beat mostly by people on steroids towards the end. Lost his eye to Vitor who literally was a walking steroid. Beat Anderson Silva, one of the best ever. Lost in devastating fashion to rocksalt. People thought he was done after that. Comes back and knocks Luke the fuck out and wins the belt with one eye. He has an actual Cinderella man story. You don't think he belongs in the HOF than fuck you.

Bisping totally lost that fight. Hendo was robbed.

But then again, Bisping was fighting with one eye. He deserves respect just for having the guts to get in there.

Yeah I agree, Hendo won the fight but Bisping won the decision.

Forrest and Bonnar are hofers think about that

He should be.

*IF he was clean.
I believe he was
Then he may have been the best clean MW for a solid stretch of time.

His losses to known or even documented steroid users and abusers kept him away from title opportunities. Without the loss to TRT Vitor, or Hendo and Chael who were both TRT users, Bisping may have reached the top (occupied by multiple time drug test failure Anderson Silva) sooner.

Even without the steroid concession you can make a case based on his longevity and career wins.

Hall of fame is a pathetic childish American concept. No one normal cares about it.

Yeah he won a belt and I think had the win record certainly had the most wins of anyone in the big weight classes.

Sports too young to have benchmarks for HOF but he did enough. He's a longevity HOF'er who was good a long time and compiled lots of stats more than a brilliant HOF'er who was the best. But in other sports the Michael Bispings of the world who are very good for a very long time make hall of fames.

IMO Bisping was lucky to win his belt when he did but he was also unlucky to never get a title shot at AS he likely would have won IMO. It all evens out in the end and Bisping was an elite MW for a very long time.

Only won Ultimate Fighter and the title because better fighters got injured. But he still won them both when it came down to it. Think if you win a title you're pretty much a lock unless it was a fluke (Aljo). So yeah he's a HOF. I consider him a high level gatekeeper since he lost just about every title eliminator and Luke is the only top level fighter he beat in his prime.

In a UFC hall of fame yes but mostly because he was the first British UFC star.

In an objective MMA hall of fame no.

As the HOF standards currently stand, with Serra and Faber being allowed in, then yes.

If I was in charge of the HOF and got to make the standards more stringent as I think they should be, then probably not, but he'd be on the cusp. I would save the slots for the most foundational pioneers, top P4P champions with multiple defenses, double champions, and fighters who helped take the sport to new levels (Conor for example).

No shit. He was beating steroid cheats his whole career and was champ. He’s a legend

Dude had always seemed overrated to me. Most of his wins came over fighters past their prime and before that he best win was Chung Le. His record isn't legendary but I always here UFC acting like he was the greatest champion of all time but I never be able to see when this guy actually ruled a Division and cleaned it out. So does his records make him a Hall of Famer.

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Michael-Bisping-10196

MMA Hall of Fame = No
UFC Hall of Dana = Yes

(the UFC HOF a joke anyway)

I like Bisping, but he is exactly the example who should NOT be a Hall of Famer.

Note: the term "Hall of Fame" is a misnomer, it doesn't have to do with who has most "fame"

If we're being honest, no. But since the HOF was a joke in idea and execution from the get go, I think we can find a spot for Mike.

Yes, considering some of the others in there. Sport is too young as well, I feel like they should have introduced a hall of fame like 50 years in.

Back