Is moose the #2 mw all time?

Don't know if i'd put Mousasi at #2, he's definitely above Weidman though.

He's solidly top 5 MW in my mind, and maybe top 3.

Wouldn't Jacare have a better claim to be ahead of Chris since he not only beat Mousasi but got robbed against Romero as well?

Not to mention his wins over Camozzi.

I don't know about Machida "sucking" at MW. He gave Weidman a great fight right after he beat Mousasi. Machida lost to some great fighters at MW, and then just got old.

Anyway, every MW except Silva has blemishes during their prime.
Mainly comparing him to who he was at LHW. He didn't just lose to Rockhold, Romero, and Brunson, he got smoked by all three.

Those are big blemishes though, especially compared to what someone like Whittaker was doing to that level of competition.

Weidman - 7 ranked wins - 4 championship titles
#1 fighters defeated (1):

Silva
Top 5 fighters defeated (4):
Belfort
Machida
Silva
Munoz
Top 10 fighters defeated (2):
Gastelum
Maia

The Chris is the second most accomplished MW in MMA history.

I'd agree he's the second most accomplished by virtue of winning the belt, but he's lost over 25% of his fights, and he doesn't even have 20 fights yet, whereas Gegard has over 50 fights and he's only lost 7 while still fighting names.

I'd agree he's the second most accomplished by virtue of winning the belt, but he's lost over 25% of his fights, and he doesn't even have 20 fights yet, whereas Gegard has over 50 fights and he's only lost 7 while still fighting names.
Mousasi hasn' fought as many top fighters as Weidman has, despite having over 30 more fights.
Literally 50% of Weidman's fights have been against top 5 opponents.

Last edited:
If that's your whole arument....weak

28 significant strikes out of 35 total strikes landed by Machida
36 significant strikes out of 66 total strikes landed by Mousasi

About Machida being past his prime...not under USADA and with a chisseled body in his mid 30s....weak
{<huh}
http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/4879/Lyoto-Machida-vs-Gegard-Mousasi

MEDIA SCORES
SevereMMA.com 50-45 Machida
MMAWeekly.com 50-45 Machida
Dallas Winston
BloodyElbow.com 50-45 Machida
Jason Floyd
TheMMAReport.com 49-46 Machida
MMAJunkie.com 49-46 Machida
Jordan Breen
Sherdog.com 49-46 Machida
TJ DeSantis
Chris Nelson
Luke Thomas
MMAFighting.com 49-46 Machida
Cory Braiterman
MMAMania.com 49-46 Machida
Craig Amos
BleacherReport.com 49-46 Machida
MMABrasil.com.br 49-46 Machida
FightMetric.com 49-47 Machida
Adam Martin
MMAOddsbreaker.com 48-47 Machida

FAN SCORING
Machida defeats Mousasi 50 - 45 36.1%

Machida defeats Mousasi 49 - 46 23.4%

Machida defeats Mousasi 48 - 47 20.9%

Machida defeats Mousasi 50 - 46 3.8%

Machida defeats Mousasi 49 - 47 3.8%

Anderson Silva is #1 obviously, so let's get that out of the way.

Now we are talking: Lyoto Machida, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Chris Weidman, Luke Rockhold, Yoel Romero, Izzy Adensanya, Vitor I guess, Evan Tanner not really, etc.

Not too many stud names, but I don't think you can definitively call Mousasi better than any of those guys, so no. Ultimately when you never when a UFC belt in your division, win a Bellator belt only defend it once and lose it, while beating a lot of washed up names in the UFC on top of it...

No.
I'd include Whittaker in that list too

Moose has got to be the most overrated MW fighters in history. I'm not saying he sucked, because he didn't, but fucking Christ on a bike he just wasn't much more than a flash in a pan. Greatness lingers.

Hell no. He just doesn’t have enough quality wins and he honestly hasn’t fought enough elite guys.

It’s easily Dan Henderson. He possesses arguably the best P4P collection of scalps in MMA history, defeating multiple top fighters who are/were/should be classed as WW, MW, LHW, and HW. He did this over two decades. He had one of the best chins in history and arguably the most reliable single weapon (his right hand) in the history of the sport. Besides Anderson, no man of that size has achieve the same in the sport as Henderson. It’s not even close.

The guy who got dieded by Uriah Hall? Uhhh no

Also, lol at that "TKO win" over Weidman. Fucking garbage ending to a fight that the ref totally was the reason it was fucked to begin with.

If it wasn't Weidman it happened to, it would have been a big deal but he KTFO'ed Silva so he's just the worst per many sherdoggers.

Mousasi got worked by a journeyman in his B league debut then lost to Lovato who wasn't even top 10. Clowns overrated him badly

I feel like pissing people off this morning, so I'm just going to say he's tied with Bisping.

Moose is the #2 most overrated and #2 most underrated MW of all time

The guy who got dieded by Uriah Hall? Uhhh no

Also, lol at that "TKO win" over Weidman. Fucking garbage ending to a fight that the ref totally was the reason it was fucked to begin with.

If it wasn't Weidman it happened to, it would have been a big deal but he KTFO'ed Silva so he's just the worst per many sherdoggers.

weidman is the only one to blame on this one, tried to get a dq on a legal knee, he played himself, you need a lot more self awareness to pull stuff like this

Weidman's title defenses alone should rank above pretty much anyone but Anderson. Greatness is about more than generic wins and losses it's what you win and against who and when.

Winning the Bellator title off of Rafael Carvalho and Winning a UFC title off of Anderson Silva are not similar accomplishments. 3 successful defenses and 1 successful defense are not equivalent. Weidman was the best guy in the world for about 2 years. Mousasi was never the best guy in the world. Not for a day.

Back