Is Pereira more talented than Adesanya or just a bad matchup?

When both big guys have technique, the edge is the power, not the technique.

Reactions: HHJ
He definitely is much bigger and has more power making him a bad match-up for izzy.

Lol, timing set Ngannou and Deontay Wilder apart from the pack? You really are clueless. Yes timing their opponent would definitely help them score an easier KO, that said what you actually said was that the two current biggest (known) punchers across all combat sports (Joe Joyce may be up there too) are a product of timing and not so much their ungodly power, lol. Wow.

ThirstyFakeGosling-size_restricted.gif

SoulfulThatGraysquirrel-max-1mb.gif

Such timing, such technique!

{<jordan}
Idk where you get the audacity to address me the way you do, you're absolutely clueless. Wow. I honestly thought you were just stuck in the past and had like some grappling acumen, but you really are just a bitter old man who lives in the past, holy shit.
{<jordan}
Pride never die! Lol

In Mexican Spanish we have a saying for situations like this "me das pena ajena", which roughly translated to "I'm embarrassed for you".

Suenas escocido. Quítate el palo del culo.

El timing es una de las grandes virtudes de Wilder. De hecho su reciente KO sobre Helenius es un buen ejemplo.
Es por eso que es capaz de conectar buenos golpes en boxeadores top e incluso Tyson Fury pese a tener unos recursos técnicos muy limitados. Si no fuese por su gran timing golpearía el aire.

Retrasado, búscate un hobby que eres patético

Izzy is better in many ways

Pereira has better hands and is way more dangerous with them

Styles make fights. I do believe Alex would lose to some of the guys Izzy has beaten. Izzy is more well rounded in MMA, but stylistically Alex is his most difficult fight. A lot of other facets of MMA like TDD & defensive BJJ, Izzy is better than Alex, but Izzy is not great at offensive grappling (TDs & submission threats). Izzy's style is tailored to keep the fight standing, where he has an edge over almost any MW (except he met a guy who is as good or better than him in standup)

Pereira is scary. Amazing Izzy didn't implement more wrestling into the fight. They screwed up the game plan.

Not the same size, Alex looked a weight class bigger than Izzy, it was actually shocking how much bigger he was.
They are in the same class....the same doesnt happened with Robert fight vs Izzy!!!! Izzy lookks 2 weight classes above Whitaker but no one bat an eye there

They are in the same class....the same doesnt happened with Robert fight vs Izzy!!!! Izzy lookks 2 weight classes above Whitaker but no one bat an eye there

I noticed it also, it’s going to be funny watching Robert vs Alex, the size the difference is going to be huge.

Izzy is better at scoring decisions but Alex has the power and technical ability to stop him. Pereira has the combination of skill and power that basically gives him a chance against anyone. Power is king in combat sports if you can use it.

There is always that one fighter that is like Kryptonite to another. Alex is Izzy kryptonite. You find that with some fighters, they can't beat a particular person but can beat everyone else.

Frankie Edgar and BJ Penn is an example of this when they fought twice and Frankie won twice.

I think when this rematch happens I wouldn't be surprised if Izzy loses as Alex has that mental edge and will make adjustments for the rematch.

Suenas escocido. Quítate el palo del culo.

El timing es una de las grandes virtudes de Wilder. De hecho su reciente KO sobre Helenius es un buen ejemplo.
Es por eso que es capaz de conectar buenos golpes en boxeadores top e incluso Tyson Fury pese a tener unos recursos técnicos muy limitados. Si no fuese por su gran timing golpearía el aire.

Retrasado, búscate un hobby que eres patético
No está engañando a nadie anciano pocho, viejo "yo sabo", cállese su pinche hocico de vieja en la presencia de su superior.

No trate de retractar ahora, ya dijo su estupidez, ahora sostengala cómo los grandes. Enséñame el gran "timing" que demuestran Wilder o Ngannou en mis Gif's, o quizás quiere más ejemplos? O ya de una se va a dejar de hacer pendejo?
{<jordan}
Pinche anciano ridículo, vallase a qué le limpien el culo, porque anda embarrando su mierda por todos lados.

Last edited:
3-0 vs. Izzy.
Go figure who's better

Doesn't tell the story of any of the fights.

Izzy is the better striker by quite a margin. Has clowned on alex in both the last 2 occasions.

Alex equalises with chin and power though.

Also the guys 230 lb in the fight. Is bigger than Reyes. Izzy is a small MW.

Izzy should be the superior fighter by being more technical, having the overall more complete striking arsenal, but as they say power is the great equalizer

That’s should be what obviously sets them apart, but IMO Alex is just that much more durable and has come back from the brink multiple times..

100%. Izzy never had a sequence of a few shots to get alex in trouble. Very nearly did end of round 1. Alex can get izzy in trouble with 1 shot.

Pretty stupid question. Striking wise? Pereira is obviously the more dangerous striker. In MMA as a whole? Well, Pereira is the underdog in a potential rematch which shows who people think is the better MMA fighter.

izzy turns into a panic wrestler against fighters his own size

Hate to break it to you, but size = weight. Divisions are done on weight, not height.

Izzy is a small MW - he usually weighs in at 184 and has a minimal weight cut.
He is tall and rangy, which, well how do I not insult you here? its confuses people ;)

He's just skilled at using his abilities. And has had to work on his weaknesses (skinny kickboxer, just take him down) hence has worked on building pretty good wrestling defense.

Tired of everyone saying it's 3-0. Watch the first fight. It's 2-1 IMO.

I think Pereira would be the favorite, but Izzy can definitely win a rematch.

Izzy is the better wrestler - But Alex too heavy to get taken down
Izzy has the better gas tank - But is afraid to step on the gas
Izzy can only knock him down with his straight right or hail marry - Alex can knock him down with everything, maybe not a jab
If Alex lands on top of Izzy, the fight might be over

No está engañando a nadie anciano pocho, viejo "yo sabo", cállese su pinche hocico de vieja en la presencia de su superior.

No trate de retractar ahora, ya dijo su estupidez, ahora sostengala cómo los grandes. Enséñame el gran "timing" que demuestran Wilder o Ngannou en mis Gif's, o quizás quiere más ejemplos? O ya de una se va a dejar de hacer pendejo?
{<jordan}
Pinche anciano ridículo, vallase a qué le limpien el culo, porque anda embarrando su mierda por todos lados.
<{you!}>

Back