Is Perez's wrestling base enough to defend Mokaev's takedowns?

DjolexMTL

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This is the most interesting fight on the card for me.

Perez is the ultimate pullout merchant but unless he pulls a Rosa, it looks like we're getting that fight.

Perez is coming off a big layoff but I question whether his wrestling base will be enough to defend Mokaev's takedowns.

To be honest, I hope Mokaev gets his little pecan head knocked out, I don't why but I can't stand him. He has had terribly average performances for someone touted as the next champ.

I'm gonna throw a portion of my kid's tuition money on Perez KO

Mokaev didn't start off well for all of the hype he had. He was expected to already be able to face elite competition but was having a tough time against Malcom Gordon.... so I thought he was overrated but truth be told Mokaev has been making very steady improvements to his game.

I'm expecting Mokaev to showcase his growing game here and beat Perez everywhere. I'm not high on Perez at all and I don't think he possess the same offbeat style Elliott does to make Mokaev uncomfortable.

Mokaev didn't start off well for all of the hype he had. He was expected to already be able to face elite competition but was having a tough time against Malcom Gordon.... so I thought he was overrated but truth be told Mokaev has been making very steady improvements to his game.

I'm expecting Mokaev to showcase his growing game here and beat Perez everywhere. I'm not high on Perez at all and I don't think he possess the same offbeat style Elliott does to make Mokaev uncomfortable.
I see it the same way. Less impressive than the hype but should be able to get a UD against a rusty Perez

I think the larger problem is that Perez can only fight one way, as the bully.

Whenerver someone pushes back against him he crumbles.

So, technically, he possibly could. But realistically, Mokaev is a pressure-junkie. That really doesn't bode well for a patalogical bully like Perez.

This is the most interesting fight on the card for me.

Perez is the ultimate pullout merchant but unless he pulls a Rosa, it looks like we're getting that fight.

Perez is coming off a big layoff but I question whether his wrestling base will be enough to defend Mokaev's takedowns.

To be honest, I hope Mokaev gets his little pecan head knocked out, I don't why but I can't stand him. He has had terribly average performances for someone touted as the next champ.

I'm gonna throw a portion of my kid's tuition money on Perez KO

Perez is done. Dude is too focused on real estate and has a foot out of MMA already. He also looked like a skeleton at weigh ins. Perez isn’t the guy to beat Mokaev. Mokaev isn’t a contender and will get his hype train wrekted just not by Perez.

Unfortunately for your kids tuition, Mokaev’s gonna run game on Perez

Prime Perez is better than Mokaev.

But the guy had the precipitious fall without the allure of greats like BJ, Gomi and so on.

I say if prime Perez shows up, he beats Mokaev whose bandwaggon I was never on.

The guy looks as shot as any though.

I don't think Mokaev is all that. For me, I said this about Paddy and Rosa before their hype got all derailed. It's hard to imagine now, but their hype was pretty big. Same with De Riddier. I thought so little of these guys, not to kick someone while they are down, but their hype was ridiculous. Those same people who shat on me for saying that will act like they never been on their wagons though. I never thought much of that Gary kid either before his hype literally got ended by his wife.

With that said, I think Mokaev isn't bad. He's tough and he got subs and he got cardio and he's very young.

But I never thought much of him and I never will.

If Gods be good, I wish we could see Mokaev vs Sabatello at 130. Sabatello is better than Mokaev imo, but 1/100th the hype, which is retarded, and yes Sabatello is older now.

Only good young recent prospects that I like really are Rinya and Cameron Saaiman. Thought he shouldn't have taken that fight against much heavier dude. Maybe there are more though, but I forget.

I mean, you can just look at Alex's fight with Pantoja to see that Mokaev will get him down eventually.

Back