Is Pickle Ball the next biggest sports franchise?

Anybody who has played tennis competitively can easily transitioned to this sport.
We literally used to warm up by playing a variation of this (we called it mini-tennis).
Jack Sock recently retired and less than a year later he’s already beaten the 2nd and 3rd best player in the world. It’s quite hilarious.

it's just another d level athlete sport like mma.

It reminds me of the rollerblading fad in the 90s but for the elderly and/or bored.

I'm convinced it's an elaborate prank the whole world is playing on me to convince me that people actually enjoy and play pickleball.

I'm convinced it's an elaborate prank the whole world is playing on me to convince me that people actually enjoy and play pickleball.
Nah I’m not knocking it as a game people can’t enjoy. Just considering it a big sport is a joke. It’s like taking basketball and making a sport out of making free throws and trying to make that equivalent to basketball.

Fatass Americans can't move so good so you get sport like pickleball....meanwhile the fastest growing sport elsewhere is padel which is as if squash and tennis decided to have a cage match fight

Nah I’m not knocking it as a game people can’t enjoy. Just considering it a big sport is a joke. It’s like taking basketball and making a sport out of making free throws and trying to make that equivalent to basketball.

Nice effort, but I'll never fall for it.

Someone should start the shambattle craze. It's fun to throw balls at people. Doesn't need to be kickball size, but even softball size is ok.

It reminds me of the rollerblading fad in the 90s but for the elderly and/or bored.
That's a poor comparison. Good rollerbladers are dope AF, comparable to the skaters. Reminds me of when I got back into skiing like 6 years ago and wuz like WOAH

That's a poor comparison. Good rollerbladers are dope AF, comparable to the skaters. Reminds me of when I got back into skiing like 6 years ago and wuz like WOAH

Well, I'm glad you wuz like WOAH.

Watch these Pickleball Highlights and you wont be saying that again.

C'mon. It's a glorified picnic sport.

It doesn't require the athleticism, conditioning, racket power, or overall mastery of Tennis. It doesn't require the precision, verticality, or reaction times of the much faster shuttlecock used in the original picnic racket sport, Badminton, which is played on an identically sized court with a much smaller racket. It doesn't require the reaction times, hand/eye coordination, or micro-control of ballspin as does Ping Pong. It requires less agility and angular strategy than Raquetball or Squash.

It's like the bastard child of all racket sports. Jack of no trades that don't already exist in all of them, but still a master of none.

C'mon. It's a glorified picnic sport.

It doesn't require the athleticism, conditioning, racket power, or overall mastery of Tennis. It doesn't require the precision, verticality, or reaction times of the much faster shuttlecock used in the original picnic racket sport, Badminton, which is played on an identically sized court. It doesn't require the reaction times, hand/eye coordination, or micro-control of ballspin than in Ping Pong. It requires less agility and angular strategy than Raquetball or Squash.

It's like the bastard child of all racket sports. Jack of no trades that don't already exist in all of them, but still a master of none.
Great points. Literally the only reason it’s growing in popularity is because anyone can do it and less athletic people can feel like they excel at a “sport.”

The term "fastest growing" is just another way of saying "newest niche". It's just the latest frolf.

I hate pickles with a passion so naturally, I want nothing to do with pickleball

Alshon is such a delusional idiot. Fits the narrative of failed tennis players migrating to pickleball because they can’t cut it in the harder sport. Get his ass, Nick.

Alshon is such a delusional idiot. Fits the narrative of failed tennis players migrating to pickleball because they can’t cut it in the harder sport. Get his ass, Nick.

I'd never heard of him so I was surprised when I clicked on that tweet and saw "All-American NCAA champion." I did a quick search and had a good laugh.

Guy's just looking for attention and wants to bring legitimacy to the sport he managed to have some success in.

Back