Is Poatan UFC run the best run ever ?

He's had favourable matches though. Everybody tries to strike him even though they are clearly not on his level. He luckily hasn't had to fight a well rounded mix martial artist or a decent wrestler yet.
Sometimes stars alignes for the fighters. Khabib never fought against a decent wrestler, his division was full of guys with choking fethises like Conor, Justin and Dustin

Considering the gapping hole in his game - yeah it is one of the top 1-2 runs in the ufc's history.

Why does Pereira’s greatness have to be compared to Jon’s or Silva’s? Why do you have to bellittle one champion to make another one look better?
Any guy who made it to, and won, a title fight deserves some respect.

This. Silva's 8 fight run is winning the title in his second fight and defending it 6 times. That's better than losing a title and getting one defense.
It's pretty telling here that your take doesn't even mention world titles in two weight classes - something silva never did.

Except he's faced no fucking wrestler/grappling based fighter lol.. Its funny when Izzy was on his run all people said was hes fought no wrestler but he's fought Brunson, Romero, Vettori etc.

Well Poatan has literally haven't fought a wrestler his entire UFC run

Lol. There was a better run that started at UFC 1.

roycegracie1_crop_north.jpg

We will never ever get to see what would have happened if Jones didn't have a roid infused chin. The amount of gigantic bombs that fighters would land on him that would knock out anyone on earth, that Jones just shrugged and walked through. Also, consider the insane robberies that were gifted to him in the Gus 1, Santos and Reyes fights.

Jones is a roid cheat that would've been knocked out 3 or 4 times at this point in his career, without the roids.

I certainly wouldn't call the Gus fight an insane robbery. I thought Alex narrowly edged it out but Jones winning the decision wasn't particularly egregious.

Can't speak for the other fights because I never watched them. I heard they're both pretty boring.

Great run. I would like to see him defend against someone that can grapple

If you’re new to mma in the last few years and gloss over quite a bit of other fighters accomplishments probably “yes”.

He's DC light on his accomplishments but alot more fun to watch thsn DC.

He beats Aspinall in a month . He enters the GOAT level with Anderson , bOnes, Fedor, Khabib, an GSP..

He bests Bones after that he would have an argument for GOAT GOAT.

You can claim any 'run' is the best ever when it includes you being KOed cold. He's great, he's a star, he's a figher blah blah blah he was KO'ed - OUT COLD - so no this isnt the best run ever.

lol Sherdoggers before the fight - "This is a horrible match for Poatan. He's getting KO'd"
sherdoggers after - "This was clearly a favorable match for Poatan"
That's so True lol
Same happened with Jones x Gane

Reactions: HHJ
8 fights

Two divisions champ

defended title

i think he beat more than five former ufc champ during that time

finish most of his fights with devastating ko's

remind me the ngannou's run but without the double champ thing

On his way to be the mma god

In isolation its a pretty impressive run

But you need to temper is with context, fast tracked to fight Izzy, close fight with Jan, then being big for LHW and fighting two strikers... gift wrapped course to all of this.

But the guy took those moments and made the most of it, so yes very impressive.

Back