Is Poatan's calf kick the nastiest and most effective weapon in UFC?

Shay Brennan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just rewatched Poatan vs Jiri fight, and man, I can't believe how nasty and effective that kick is.
He took Jiri clean of his feat with that kick, and it took only like 4 before Jiri was bruised.

What's nasty about it is that there almost no telegraph to it at all and it compromises the fighters ability to move and defend.

Anyway, what are some of the other effective weapons from UFC fighters?

Just rewatched Poatan vs Jiri fight, and man, I can't believe how nasty and effective that kick is.
He took Jiri clean of his feat with that kick, and it took only like 4 before Jiri was bruised.

What's nasty about it is that there almost no telegraph to it at all and it compromises the fighters ability to move and defend.

Anyway, what are some of the other effective weapons from UFC fighters?

Po Atan has

1. The best calf-kick in the business, and
2. The best left-hook in the business.

Also, the best distance management, as well as the greatest weight-cutting in the business.

It's pretty much why he is a Dual Champion in two different organizations.

Pretty sure his fists are better considering they've won him fights over 4 champs in two different divisions.

Pretty sure his fists are better considering they've won him fights over 4 champs in two different divisions.
Depends on the sport I think. In KB'ing it's likely his hands as guys know how to check kicks there so he has to rely on his hands more to open guys up where in MMA most guys can't check leg kicks for shit so he uses the calf kicks to open guys up for his hands, also to slow them down since octagon is way bigger than a ring and it's harder to catch and corner guys there.

Depends on the sport I think. In KB'ing it's likely his hands as guys know how to check kicks there so he has to rely on his hands more to open guys up where in MMA most guys can't check leg kicks for shit so he uses the calf kicks to open guys up for his hands, also to slow them down since octagon is way bigger than a ring and it's harder to catch and corner guys there.

Nothing says shitty MMA strikers like Strickland, Izzy, Jan, and Jiri.

Yes. I don’t see how people say Jamahal Hill has a chance. Give Alex at least 2 minutes to take him out of the fight completely via kicks.

Back