Is Rizin anywhere near as big as Pride and Dream FC Were in their prime?

100% no ….

Also

Dream was never close to Pride …

I see Rizin Closer to Dream and Sengoku

I do enjoy their shows …

Last edited:
Probably bigger than DREAM given how long they've been running and how solid a following they have in Japan. They might not have fighters who are big names in the West but they do in Japan where it counts.

Obviously not as big as PRIDE.

Not even close to Pride.

I would say about Dream level or slightly larger. Dream just brought in more fighters around the world that fans recognized so for many fans they probably see Dream as bigger because of that.

Really, I'm not sure how good Rizin is really doing financially. Wasn't long ago, few years ago there was rumors of its possible demise. They seemed to have righted the ship on the surface. But Rizin in a nutshell is KSW, its appeal is really made for the the country it resides more so than anything else. Any attention or sales they attract outside of Japan is nothing more than the cherry on top.

Last edited:
From this westerners perspective RIZIN never had the rosters that DREAM or PRIDE had, not even close.

RIZIN at their peak (mid-2010s) might have been comparable to Sengoku and that’s being generous.

I'd say its bigger than Dream was internationally because of the longevity and the Floyd stuff.

Neither of them were anywhere near Pride though.

Not even close. Rizin these days audience is gen z casual Japan youtubers. They have barely any international talent, which they used to be good at finding like Jiri, Kape, etc. They have their target Japanese only audience which is very faddy and fleeting fairweather fans. Not sustainable long term and their biggest star left to boxing in Tenshin, Mikuru losing and on the way out. Not looking good on the horizon especially if they send Gucci and Kai to UFC like they want

The days of Pride are long, long gone

Not even close to Pride.

I would say about Dream level or slightly larger. Dream just brought in more fighters around the world that fans recognized so for many fans they probably see Dream as bigger because of that.

Really, I'm not sure how good Rizin is really doing financially. Wasn't long ago, few years ago there was rumors of its possible demise. They seemed to have righted the ship on the surface. But Rizin in a nutshell is KSW, its appeal is really made for the the country it resides more so than anything else. Any attention or sales they attract outside of Japan is nothing more than the cherry on top.
RIZIN is bigger than DREAM was. To foreigners DREAM looked bigger because of the names they brought in, but it wasn't really bigger than RIZIN has grown to be.

RIZIN's goal was never to appeal to foreigners. They even had events where they didn't even bother streaming them outside of Japan. Even now you can see their commentators aren't even on site, they're doing remote commentary.

Last edited:
Rizin is definitely bigger than Dream, and is considerably more successful.

Fans on here are not Rizin's demographic and do not really have a strong grasp on how popular these promotions are in Japan. Thinking that Dream has more westerners therefore it is more popular is really faulty logic.

The Asakura brothers are a bigger deal than any homegrown talent from Dream that I can remember - certainly way more popular than Shinya Aoki was. Mikuru alone has 3 million subscribers.

Rizin also regularly featured Tenshin who was able to draw 500k PPVs for his final match in kickboxing.

Not even close to Pride.

They are doing better then ever before since getting off TV and going streaming. The financial stuff was from the pandemic days but like who wasn’t struggling back then especially an entertainment product

Rizin is definitely bigger than Dream, and is considerably more successful.

Fans on here are not Rizin's demographic and do not really have a strong grasp on how popular these promotions are in Japan. Thinking that Dream has more westerners therefore it is more popular is really faulty logic.

The Asakura brothers are a bigger deal than any homegrown talent from Dream that I can remember - certainly way more popular than Shinya Aoki was. Mikuru alone has 3 million subscribers.

Rizin also regularly featured Tenshin who was able to draw 500k PPVs for his final match in kickboxing.
100% agree, in terms of main stream fans who don’t follow combat sports, Rizin is the biggest thing since Pride

Rizin is way more popular than Dream, not even close. Tenshin and the Asakura brothers are extremely well known there. It's probably equal possibly even bigger than Pride ever was IN Japan (K-1 in its peak was way bigger than Pride in Japan btw). But on an international level nowhere close. Dream was a long way behind both of them and was fairly niche.

Back