Is Rockhold the most « skilled » fighter ever?

bjjwar

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It seems that every guy he’s trained with and every coach who trained him never saw anything like him on the ground and standing up.

Of course, we all know his striking defense is terrible but it seems to be more because he’s so good that he’s always in this « too cool for school » attitude and stance. Like « Nah, i’m 1000 times better than him, i don’t even have to try to avoid his punches or push myself against this bum ».

But how fighters and coach’s who have trained with him talk about him it’s like he’s an unbeatable monster everywhere.

He has an incredibly high ceiling in terms of skill.
Hos fight IQ however is very low. He also has a bunch of unfortunate habits that infect his fundamentals.

I don’t know about the most skilled ever? But yes extremely skilled.

It seems that every guy he’s trained with and every coach who trained him never saw anything like him on the ground and standing up.

Of course, we all know his striking defense is terrible but it seems to be more because he’s so good that he’s always in this « too cool for school » attitude and stance. Like « Nah, i’m 1000 times better than him, i don’t even have to try to avoid his punches or push myself against this bum ».

But how fighters and coach’s who have trained with him talk about him it’s like he’s an unbeatable monster everywhere.

How have you been a member of this site for 11 years?

Just show yourself out

giphy.gif

The problem for Luke is that he's in the fight business, and not in the skills demonstration business. In the fight business his opponents hit back at his porous defence and glass chin

If he only had GSP's work ethic

And Carlos Condit's chin

And Damir Ismaigulov's boxing defense

Seriously now, he is very skilled.

We call those gym fighters.. I've trained with guys who do well in sparring and look unstoppable but look totally different in an actual fight.
That's nothing like Rockhold. He's displayed high level skills in an actual fight at the highest level. His problem is his striking defense and not using his strongest skill set in fights. He's a much better grappler than striker but doesn't use his grappling in fights anymore and just tries to be a striker. That's really why he loses. His striking defense isn't as good as his striking offense, and his striking skill set isn't as good as his grappling skill set.

I saw Burns and others talking about him on podcasts etc and they’ve never seen anyone like him.

No, are you on peyote?

Back