Is Sadulaev the GOAT now?

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
would you put him as the GOAT even over Satiev or is it too early?

Much too early. Satiev also did it through 4 major rule changes

Gordon by kneebar

He's more physically dominant than Saitiev and overwhelmingly strong but Saitiev was one of a kind. Very different style than Sadulaev. Saitiev wrestled kinda like how prime Nick Diaz fought. Always attacking at like 65% intensity, always in position to score, and bc of this he was never tired. He also has more medals than Sadulaev.

He's more physically dominant than Saitiev and overwhelmingly strong but Saitiev was one of a kind. Very different style than Sadulaev. Saitiev wrestled kinda like how prime Nick Diaz fought. Always attacking at like 65% intensity, always in position to score, and bc of this he was never tired. He also has more medals than Sadulaev.

I don t know much but Sadulaev strikes me as very technical for his weight class actually.

Not yet, but one more Olympic cycle and he’ll be there.

I think so too. i agree with some parts but disagree with the others. good points though. Mostly adequate.

not yet, but he is def in the convo and needs one more dominant performance -

obviously i am biased and from Iran but Yazdani is an absolute monster....and despite the roids suspension mohammad mohammadinan tech'd Bo Nickal and pinned Kyle snyder back to back last month

ya thats the guy i just mentioned 1 post above

although bo Nickal who i like has zero business being in that weight class

This dude might bear Sadulaev, pinned Snyder easily too.

My feeling is that Sadulaev is better. He has a very diverse offense arsenal and always redirects, faints, etc. Mohammadian is super impressive to me but much more opportunistic, i.e. he reacts to his opponents attacks.

not yet, but he is def in the convo and needs one more dominant performance -

obviously i am biased and from Iran but Yazdani is an absolute monster....and despite the roids suspension mohammad mohammadinan tech'd Bo Nickal and pinned Kyle snyder back to back last month

J'Den Cox is challenging Snyder at 97kg for Tokyo

Yazdani will most likely have a rematch with Taylor at 86kg

Not yet. And he's young. If he gets gold in Tokyo, then runs through the next cycle, then yes, he deserves GOAT status.

Thing is, I think Snyder is fading (hope not). Shit, he may not make it out of the OTTs with Cox there.

Iran looks like his biggest challenge this year.

Not yet, but four-time world champion and an olympic champion (most likely two times by the end of the year). He is certainly on his way to goat status.

IQ 10.

Back